British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs vs Poole Pirates BSN 2nd Leg 8/5/24

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

In an ideal world this will be Brennan's last season in the Championship and he'll start really getting somewhere abroad as well as in the Premiership. 

59 minutes ago, arnieg said:

He's a regular in the Gdansk team in PGE2

He's also going to be doing Sweden.  Well that's what he said in the winter. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

No they’re a cheating speedway team from Dorset.

If that was the case then Max Perry would've been told to deliberately touch the tapes in heat 14 to allow Sam Hagon to come in.

Even with Cheetahs on a 5-1 in that race Max didn't drop the bike and stay down for a re-run.

Oh dear ur not doing very well today Ratters! :D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

That's weird - there was everyone else thinking Oxford were knocked out at Plymouth on Saturday.

All last night did was allow Oxford to sign out of the competition with a win and also boost Plymouth's chances of winning the group. It's now a straight fight between Plymouth and Poole for the aggregate bonus point.  

Beautiful ride by Nicholls in Heat 15 to send you home in a sulk - with the 5-1 from Boughen and Jenkins in Heat 14 just as key!  

Oh no I forgot, we Pirates effectively knocked Oxford out at WINborne Road! Yes, I must av another flat white! :D

24 minutes ago, lbw said:

Oh no I forgot, we Pirates effectively knocked Oxford out at WINborne Road! Yes, I must av another flat white! :D

It made a change for me to actually see you win at Wimborne Road. The previous time was a 45-45 draw that saw Scunny clinch the cup on aggregate. I assume you were one of the 90% who had left the stadium with their tails between their legs before Heat 15 took place :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, lbw said:

If that was the case then Max Perry would've been told to deliberately touch the tapes in heat 14 to allow Sam Hagon to come in.

Even with Cheetahs on a 5-1 in that race Max didn't drop the bike and stay down for a re-run.

No they wouldn't because that would have been:

• Illegal
  • Against the rules
  • Forbidden
  • Cheating

Come back when you've read the rules or grown up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, arnieg said:

• Illegal
  • Against the rules
  • Forbidden
  • Cheating

And that's exactly wot I was explaining, Poole don't cheat they follow the rules.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

• Illegal
  • Against the rules
  • Forbidden
  • Cheating

You mean like when Jenkins fell and only cleared the track when the red flags came out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lbw said:

And that's exactly wot I was explaining, Poole don't cheat they follow the rules.

Perhaps you can explain wot happened to the match thread for the original staging of this fixture, you know the one that was rained off ?

16 hours ago, Toady said:

Perhaps you can explain wot happened to the match thread for the original staging of this fixture, you know the one that was rained off ?

Is this the thread ur looking for? I came across it as I walked along Sandy Lane :D.......

images.jpeg

Edited by lbw
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, lbw said:

Perry needed to take his third ride so no replacement would have been allowed, only to start from -15.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lbw said:

Is this the thread ur looking for? I came across it as I walked along Sandy Lane :D.......

images.jpeg

Very good, but you know exactly what I meant …

Edited by Toady

On 5/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, Spiderman1 said:

Gp’s in ‘25 bagpuss?

Maybe a bit soon but you look at some of the new riders in the series this year and I'd suggest he has as much potential as some of those. The key is for him to make his mark abroad, ie start making a proper impact in Poland, and qualifying for the SEC would have been a big step forward.

But I feel there is plenty more to come from him.

On 5/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, Spiderman1 said:

Gp’s in ‘25 bagpuss?

Brennan is a long way from GP standard imo. Plus there plenty of competition with Britain having a strong top 2 or 3. 

Didn't make it through the first qualifier, so don't see him getting a wild card.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Brennan is a long way from GP standard imo. Plus there plenty of competition with Britain having a strong top 2 or 3. 

Didn't make it through the first qualifier, so don't see him getting a wild card.

That was the lower grade SEC qualifyer, which reinforces your point. But he's definitely come on this year. Needs to up his scores for Gdansk though.

35 minutes ago, arnieg said:

That was the lower grade SEC qualifyer, which reinforces your point. But he's definitely come on this year. Needs to up his scores for Gdansk though.

Winning the British Final (or 2nd to Bewley) and getting to the final at Cardiff would make the selectors take notice.

He's really impressed me this year for Poole & Birmingham. But SEC should be his next target before GPs imo.

• Like 1