British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs vs Poole Pirates BSN 2nd Leg 8/5/24

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Even shovlar will end up a Brennan fan as time goes by, he is by far the most progressive of the young brits.

Yes I think we are all warming to him, I dont think Shovvy has ever said he wasnt a fan of Brennan but he certainly seems to have improved this season. 

30 minutes ago, lbw said:

Wondered how long it would before Ratters came out with a misplaced comment.

Fancy a flat white darling? :D

Always come on when Paul get smashed. Even your pathetic jokes can’t hide your disappointment, another £100 wasted, love that.

12 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Always come on when Paul get smashed. Even your pathetic jokes can’t hide your disappointment, another £100 wasted, love that.

My exact expenses came to £150 including food/drink which was money well spent to see Oxford get knocked out of the BSN by the mighty Pirates. 

U may need to work that scenario out on ur abacus! 

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Brennan really gone up a level this year. Was very quick at Armadale last week also.

Would agree ,he is the most progressive of the young Brits and improving all the time.Feel trying to ride everywhere has a detrimental effect on these youngsters as they are probably not as organised as the main men and they suffer burn out towards the end of season.wish him well.

38 minutes ago, lbw said:

My exact expenses came to £150 including food/drink which was money well spent to see Oxford get knocked out of the BSN by the mighty Pirates. 

As a wise man once said “a fool & their money are easily separated”

In an ideal world this will be Brennan's last season in the Championship and he'll start really getting somewhere abroad as well as in the Premiership. 

Decent meeting last night once the track dried out. A bit too much overwatering before tapes up made it a gating competition, and Oxford were far superior at it in that regard. 

Some very good racing in the latter part. Highlight was Brennan’s pass of Masters on the last bend. Excellent and Brennan is now showing the potential we knew he had. Consistency is king and he is now showing it. Other highlights were Tobias holding Nicholls off for a surprise 5-1. Tobias showing why Matt and Dan Ford went for him this winter. Does come across as a confidence rider. And of course Nicholls ride in heat 15 which salvaged the win on the night for Oxford after Pirates had gated and led for 2 laps. 

But frustrating to have an interval after heat 11 when we had a long delay to get heat 8 finished, and a late 8pm start on top. By the time the meeting had finished it was well past 10pm when we got back to the car park. Many Poole fans then had major detours with road closures on the A34 and A31 meaning trips along the A303 and down to Salisbury, meaning many didn’t get through the door until 12.30 ish.

Pirates team looking good. Not all firing yet though. The Cooks have not started the season like they ended last and there’s room to step it up. Plus we can see the potential of Hagon and as the season goes on he will no doubt improve. Going to be the team to beat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But frustrating to have an interval after heat 11 when we had a long delay to get heat 8 finished, and a late 8pm start on top. By the time the meeting had finished it was well past 10pm when we got back to the car park. Many Poole fans then had major detours with road closures on the A34 and A31 meaning trips along the A303 and down to Salisbury, meaning many didn’t get through the door until 12.30 ish.

I'm still in Oxford! :D

Help! I'm a Pirate get me outta ere! :D

Edited by lbw

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In an ideal world this will be Brennan's last season in the Championship and he'll start really getting somewhere abroad as well as in the Premiership. 

He said last season was his last season in the Championship.

50 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He's a regular in the Gdansk team in PGE2

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Gp’s in ‘25 bagpuss?

2 hours ago, lbw said:

That's weird - there was everyone else thinking Oxford were knocked out at Plymouth on Saturday.

All last night did was allow Oxford to sign out of the competition with a win and also boost Plymouth's chances of winning the group. It's now a straight fight between Plymouth and Poole for the aggregate bonus point.  

Beautiful ride by Nicholls in Heat 15 to send you home in a sulk - with the 5-1 from Boughen and Jenkins in Heat 14 just as key!  

• Like 1