British Speedway Forum

Oxford Cheetahs vs Poole Pirates BSN 2nd Leg 8/5/24

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, it is listed on their website as being streamed. Literally takes two seconds to check! ;)

Maybe that affects the crowds, sure they didn't stream last season 

21 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Maybe that affects the crowds, sure they didn't stream last season 

Yeah, I think it would when running 3 teams. But I think people would pick and choose even without streaming tbh. 

Also happening. Oxford United in play-off action at Peterborough and in a good position. That could take quite a few off the gate.

Looking forward to coming up for this one. Only my second meeting of the season and seems an age since Poole v Oxford first leg. Think it will be close. Trouble is heats 13 and 15 with Nicholls and Masters. Very hard to get anything out of those two heats. Still, we should have a big enough lead for the bonus point. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to coming up for this one. Only my second meeting of the season and seems an age since Poole v Oxford first leg. Think it will be close. Trouble is heats 13 and 15 with Nicholls and Masters. Very hard to get anything out of those two heats. Still, we should have a big enough lead for the bonus point. 

In my opinion Lawson and Ben Cook are more than capable of beating Nicholls or Masters even at Oxford, we dedfinitely have a chance of another away win.

• Like 1

Currently in Nottingham en route to Sandy Lane. Early start due train strikes so it's back on the National Express for me. Time now for a flat white in Costa, very yummy ;)

It will be close this evening with the Pirates coming out on top 47-43. I can read the pattern in me coffee just like reading the tea leaves! :D

C'mon the Boyzzzz 

If anyone can we can :t:

7 minutes ago, lbw said:

Currently in Nottingham en route to Sandy Lane. Early start due train strikes so it's back on the National Express for me. Time now for a flat white in Costa, very yummy ;)

It will be close this evening with the Pirates coming out on top 47-43. I can read the pattern in me coffee just like reading the tea leaves! :D

C'mon the Boyzzzz 

12 hours to do 110 miles, you should make it, just.

2 hours ago, lbw said:

C'mon the Boyzzzz 

Hope you had a flat white for Trackrat :t:

On 5/7/2024 at 10:17 AM, Fromafar said:

Think running 3 Teams was not really a good thing regarding crowd levels.Its pretty obvious that not a lot of fans can afford 2 meetings most weeks. 

Oxford don't have two home meetings most week

I know it's probably been asked a hundred times before but... can you pay at the door at Oxford? Card? Cash?

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

I know it's probably been asked a hundred times before but... can you pay at the door at Oxford? Card? Cash?

You can't pay at the door as such, but can you can buy online up until the start. If you turn up without a ticket, they just direct you to the website to buy one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

You can't pay at the door as such, but can you can buy online up until the start. If you turn up without a ticket, they just direct you to the website to buy one.

well thats one way of getting rid of the older generation of speedway fans .

this needs looking into ASAP for the good of British speedway and of course Oxford  .  just one cash only entry point  would attract a good few people who are missing out .

• Like 8