British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn Stars v Leicester Lions - Thursday 9th May

37 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

There isn’t enough space to fit “called off because King’s Lynn’s Polish reserve who is 100% fit has been poached to ride a qualifier over there on a British race night” 

What happens if he gets injured tonight (and I sincerely hope he doesn’t)? Do you postpone all further fixtures til the riders are fit to resume ? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What happens if he gets injured tonight (and I sincerely hope he doesn’t)? Do you postpone all further fixtures til the riders are fit to resume ? 

No because he’s then injured, not 100% fit

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

No because he’s then injured, not 100% fit

How is that different then? If he is missing though availability or injury then you are entitled to a guest. Absolutely no reason to postpone tonight’s fixture 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, iainb said:

I was planning on going to this... will be going Sheffield instead now. Don't know if I'll be going to the re-staging of this... if there is one! Which there shouldn't be

Agreed. Award the result 0-90. no restaging required. 
Given that Chapman claims running speedway costs him money, he should welcome such a penalty. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

How is that different then? If he is missing though availability or injury then you are entitled to a guest. Absolutely no reason to postpone tonight’s fixture 

We shouldn’t have to use a guest when our rider is 100% fit, why can’t some morons understand that!? It really honestly baffles me why people still can’t understand 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

We shouldn’t have to use a guest when our rider is 100% fit, why can’t some morons understand that!? It really honestly baffles me why people still can’t understand 

So when Ipswich went to Belle Vue without Jason Doyle who was 100% fit but the plane was cancelled should that meeting been called off ??

3 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Your rider is not available due to long established (and agreed) rules regarding priority being given to Polish Speedway on Thursdays.
This is the same as Premier League clubs having first call on riders in preference to The Championship or National Leagues. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Let me break this to you gently:

It has been a regular occurance for over 50 years.

And is explicitly dealt with in the regulations 

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Even if I agree with you in Principle that it's unfair to ride without Wojdylo, there's no reason for Lynn to postpone the match less than a week before it's due to be raced. The Polish fixtures were already scheduled when the original match was postponed in March. Why re-arrange on this date?

Using your words why can’t some morons understand that!? It really honestly baffles me why people still can’t understand?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

So when Ipswich went to Belle Vue without Jason Doyle who was 100% fit but the plane was cancelled should that meeting been called off ??

Good point but “No” because Ipswich were the away team & Chapman wasn’t the promoter. 

10 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

You obviously haven’t watched Speedway for any length of time - guests have had to be used for foreign riders Championships and World Championship qualifying for decades !!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The IMP ( Polish Championship) Challenge is on THURSDAY 30th May so Premiership matches that night better get busy sorting guests( Piotr Pawlicki for one, Lampart for two)

On their starting averages, Brummies would be delighted to use guests, not so much when they've got new averages.

I have just looked at the BSPL website fixture list and 8 minutes after the meeting was due to start it is still advertising the meeting! This is totally unprofessional from what is supposed to be a professional organisation. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

You're wasting your time... come away

• Haha 1