British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn Stars v Leicester Lions - Thursday 9th May

Can’t be bothered to trawl through 14 pages, so this might have been mentioned before or not !

The date for these Polish Championship IMP QF’s of May 9th has been in the Polish meeting’s calendar since January. For as long as i can remember these are always held on Thursday’s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Can’t be bothered to trawl through 14 pages, so this might have been mentioned before or not !

The date for these Polish Championship IMP QF’s of May 9th has been in the Polish meeting’s calendar since January. For as long as i can remember these are always held on Thursday’s.

Yes it has been said earlier but you do emphasise an important fact which Chapman avoided by referring to December as a date when the meetings were not in the international diary. 
Also worthwhile recognising that this meeting has been arranged as replacement for the one originally planned for 28th April, the one Chapman cancelled due to the weather “forecast being not good” & not only did it not rain, it was sunny most of the day! 
So clearly he chose the rearranged date without referring to the international fixture list & now he’s tried to cover up his error. Which hopefully the powers that be have seen through. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, therefused said:

Interestingly the BSPA website doesnt this one down as being postponed?

See you there then :D

• Like 1

I would also be surprised if the very astute team manager at KL was not aware of the clash and up until last Thursday I suspect all concerned were happy at the thought of someone like Simon Lambert standing in. 17+1points later they had second thoughts!

This time though it wasn’t blamed on the KL micro climate, pit gates, dodgy electrics, stock cars…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

Lovely weather for speedway.

Absolutely. The sort of weather that generates a good attendance:rolleyes: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Absolutely. The sort of weather that generates a good attendance:rolleyes: 

I was planning on going to this... will be going Sheffield instead now. Don't know if I'll be going to the re-staging of this... if there is one! Which there shouldn't be

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

I was planning on going to this... will be going Sheffield instead now. Don't know if I'll be going to the re-staging of this... if there is one! Which there shouldn't be

If its not restaged its not fair on the riders of both teams who will all miss a pay day through no fault of their own! A better punishment might be a points deduction at tbe end of tbe regular season.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, iainb said:

July 1st I think is the re-staging

7 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

This match is still on according to the front of the BSPA website! Well it doesn't say its postponed!

I don't think there is enough space to fit 'called off because promoter has the emotional maturity of a six year old' on the fixture list.

PS second semi final of eurovision tonight - maybe that's the real reason it's off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

I don't think there is enough space to fit 'called off because promoter has the emotional maturity of a six year old' on the fixture list.

PS second semi final of eurovision tonight - maybe that's the real reason it's off.

thats reason enough for me to postpone my trip to Owlerton then!:D

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Rather unfair, why are you insulting six year olds?:D

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

There isn’t enough space to fit “called off because King’s Lynn’s Polish reserve who is 100% fit has been poached to ride a qualifier over there on a British race night” 

Edited by SpeedwayFan91
  • Haha 1

Just now, SpeedwayFan91 said:

There isn’t enough space to fit “called off because King’s Lynn’s Polish reserve who is 100% fit has been poached to ride a qualifier over there on a British race night” 

Poached, lol. are you just ignoring the previous comments that the fixture in Poland was scheduled months ago, and Thursday is no longer a British race night?

• Like 4