British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn Stars v Leicester Lions - Thursday 9th May

Just now, Najjer said:

So basically the BSPL said don’t postpone it and Buster carried on anyway.

It kind of reads that way to me but time will tell I guess 

Buster has had a number of dubious call offs in recent seasons and although he is more up front about this one it will be interesting to see the outcome of the enquiry!

Anyone got a large piece of carpet and a broom spare?

3 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Buster has had a number of dubious call offs in recent seasons and although he is more up front about this one it will be interesting to see the outcome of the enquiry!

This time, Chapmans narcistic behavior has been called to account by the appropriate authorities and hopefully his stubborn and arrogant nature will be penalised accordingly. 

• Like 3

The BSPL have finally grown a set.

Just get Buster out of this sport ASAP! Send the clown packing for good as far away as possible.

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The away side can't call off a meeting 

Why not? The reason for this call-off relates wholly to team strengths which can apply equally to the away team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

That wasn't my point.

I was questioning the statement ' I would just rather watch a full strength team other than guests '

It was a case of it you support KL decision would you expect KL to call off a meeting against weakened opposition.

I'm no Buster defender as many know, but I believe I talk ?some? common sense. 

People seem to love getting their undercrackers in a tangle at every opportunity. 

At the end of the day, while a sport (questionable I know), it has to be a business. Cloth needs to be cut. 

Let's be quite frank, King's Lynn (yet again) are showing to be a pretty s#!+ team. There is now massive weight on the shoulders of Wojdylo to save the clubs season.

Buster (in a business sense) couldn't give 2 poops about the away sides or going away from home, the bread & butter is the Adrian Flux Arena. He needs the fans to turn up to keep the club alive & being whacked at home week in week out will have a detrimental effect to business.

Genuinely don't believe any King's Lynn fan would be to upset by the call off, they'd see the benefit to them as the fans most likely to pay the entrance.

Most that's throwing a paddy now wouldn't even be parting with their hard earned to watch the meeting.

If King's Lynn keep losing at home they go under, it's as simple as that. It has to be business first. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

So on the restaging date if Leicester are 2 riders out you would expect it to be called off ??

100% if they’re being stolen by Poland on a British race night, not if they’re injured of course 

1 hour ago, WembleyLion said:

It's probably under the 'totting up' rule (like in football when a player finally gets a yellow after comtting a lot of minor fouls) - You shouldn't be able to just postpone a scheduled meeting however!

League points deduction should be the penalty it stop this nonsense instantly an example needs to be set or others will call meetings off just like KL when riders are missing . . 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Official SCB enquiry into the postponement of this fixture. Blimey

Not much will happen. Enquire means to ask a general question while inquire means to ask a formal question so no real investigation going on just a quick email from the BSPL or whoever to Buster asking politely why he did not tell them first. Buster replies that he thought he had and that’s the end of the matter. If he gets bullied he will pull the plug on KL and blame the authorities.  Does he have an ulterior motive?

So the SCB are disappointed and have set up an enquiry.  Let's hope they reach some proper conclusions and Kings Lynn ie Buster Chapman are sanctioned properly.  I've lost count of the times I've seen teams fielding 2, 3 and sometimes even 4 guests, that's not right either or fair on the promotions or fans but at least the meetings went ahead, this meeting should also have gone ahead.  I'll await their conclusions with interest because if they come down on the side of Mr Chapman that surely opens the flood gates for any team in the future who are a rider or two short due to injury/having to ride in Poland/family matters and various other excuses to cancel their meeting and short notice.  

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

People seem to love getting their undercrackers in a tangle at every opportunity. 

At the end of the day, while a sport (questionable I know), it has to be a business. Cloth needs to be cut. 

Let's be quite frank, King's Lynn (yet again) are showing to be a pretty s#!+ team. There is now massive weight on the shoulders of Wojdylo to save the clubs season.

Buster (in a business sense) couldn't give 2 poops about the away sides or going away from home, the bread & butter is the Adrian Flux Arena. He needs the fans to turn up to keep the club alive & being whacked at home week in week out will have a detrimental effect to business.

Genuinely don't believe any King's Lynn fan would be to upset by the call off, they'd see the benefit to them as the fans most likely to pay the entrance.

Most that's throwing a paddy now wouldn't even be parting with their hard earned to watch the meeting.

If King's Lynn keep losing at home they go under, it's as simple as that. It has to be business first. 

That’s exactly as I see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

But we shouldn’t have to use a frigging guest, Wojdylo is 100% fit 

Many riders have missed matches in years gone by due to compulsory returns, this is nothing new... Coventry had to ride in a play off semi (I think) without Hamill, Hancock & Janniro...

And of course it was against the rules to postpone this coming Thursdays match, you may not like it but rules is rules

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

'Tears & Glory' page 155:

"the 1992 King’s Lynn v Reading match was postponed unilaterally by promoter Buster Chapman on August 22. (The Stars would have taken to the track without their top two, Henka Gustafsson and Mark Loram.) A month later the SCB awarded the match 75-0 to Reading, causing much outrage amongst their title rivals. "

That's p155 as in 'taking the p155'.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He should run IoW style then in the NORA

10 minutes ago, hasta la vista said:

Why do the BSPL keep arranging fixture clashes against other events on a race night that is no longer theirs?

Something to do with Swindon wanting to rider Thursdays I think