British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn Stars v Leicester Lions - Thursday 9th May

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Bang on. Totally agree. Time for big Phil to flex his muscles 

Puppets aren’t big and don’t have muscles. This is why Sooty turned this position down before it was offered to Phil.

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Yet people will still defend him 

He really needs to be given the boot out of the sport.

This nonsense cant go on for much longer.

Simon Lambert can easily guest for Wojdylo, Then you either run R/R at No.1 or book someone like Chris Harris to guest.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hardtobeat89 said:

Absolutely not - I’ve been going to KL speedway for over 30 years. Injuries are part & parcel of speedway which is unfortunate, but we would have been without two riders Thursday through no fault of our own, even without Tobi’s recent injury. 
I would just rather watch a full strength team than guests - my opinion. 

One rider wojdylo !! musielak already injured 

2 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

One rider wojdylo !! musielak already injured 

It’s two guests like everyone else has to do or R/R and one guest.  
just because the promoter has fallen out with so many riders and isn’t prepared to pay the going rate, that’s down to him. He also chose to sign 3 polish based riders which as everyone knows and has been the case for decades can be withdrawn at a whim by their polish clubs. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hardtobeat89 said:

Absolutely not - I’ve been going to KL speedway for over 30 years. Injuries are part & parcel of speedway which is unfortunate, but we would have been without two riders Thursday through no fault of our own, even without Tobi’s recent injury. 
I would just rather watch a full strength team than guests - my opinion. 

So on the restaging date if Leicester are 2 riders out you would expect it to be called off ??

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

So on the restaging date if Leicester are 2 riders out you would expect it to be called off ??

Exactly this as opened a big can of  worms :o also Thursday night is no longer a priority for England we gave it up so the polish league would allow more top riders to ride here 

• Like 1

Although likely that other promoters will stay quiet on the matter, or tow the official line, it would be interesting to hear the views of the Leicester owners/promoters as this latest action by Buster has established yet another example of how low UK speedway as slumped as a professionally (run) sport. 
To be clear, there is no way the action proposed by Chapman should have been endorsed by either the CEO or the collective responsible authority. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

The away side can't call off a meeting 

12 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

The whole situation at Lynn is getting ridiculous, following the joke postponement with Busters awful weather forecast we now have this !!

I appreciate that his stand is against the Polish authorities but this call off doesn't bother them at all. This only bothers Speedway supporters who were intending to attend the meeting. Over the years is there any club that hasn't risen a meeting with 2 riders missing ?? R/R and a guest usually covers it!!

Its up to the BSPA to challenge Poland, Busters actions here won't be noticed across Europe 

A pathetic action !!

Totally agree but when the BSPL decided to agree  specific race nights for the UK Buster told them the Polish authorities wouldn't abide by the agreement. He knew they couldn't be trusted and made it very clear he did not want to keep changing race nights to accommodate the Polish clubs and if the BSPL went ahead with the agreement he didn't want to be a part of it. He made it abundantly clear that as there were not enough riders to go round the British clubs would be at the mercy of the Poles. He had more than a belly full of their antics with Laguta last year. He has to make a stand otherwise the BSPL will continue to roll over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Totally agree but when the BSPL decided to agree  specific race nights for the UK Buster told them the Polish authorities wouldn't abide by the agreement. He knew they couldn't be trusted and made it very clear he did not want to keep changing race nights to accommodate the Polish clubs and if the BSPL went ahead with the agreement he didn't want to be a part of it. He made it abundantly clear that as there were not enough riders to go round the British clubs would be at the mercy of the Poles. He had more than a belly full of their antics with Laguta last year. He has to make a stand otherwise the BSPL will continue to roll over. 

If he didn't want to be a part of it he should have run CL not assemble a team with 3 Polish licensed riders in it :blink:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

Just now, iainb said:

Yet still assembled a team with 3 Polish licensed riders in it :blink:

Of course, this goes back two years now to when Leicester were joining the PL there simply wasn't enough rider resource. Had Wolverhampton not closed and some of the bigger players not come back with Oxford replacing Peterborough it could have been worse this season, look at the struggle Birmingham have had just to build a team. If there is a bad run of injuries across other clubs the outcome will be dire for both leagues. I don't agree with not running but I do agree with his right to make a stand unfortunately he won't enjoy the support of his colleagues in the BSPL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

The away side can't call off a meeting 

That wasn't my point.

I was questioning the statement ' I would just rather watch a full strength team other than guests '

It was a case of it you support KL decision would you expect KL to call off a meeting against weakened opposition.

17 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Of course, this goes back two years now to when Leicester were joining the PL there simply wasn't enough rider resource. Had Wolverhampton not closed and some of the bigger players not come back with Oxford replacing Peterborough it could have been worse this season, look at the struggle Birmingham have had just to build a team. If there is a bad run of injuries across other clubs the outcome will be dire for both leagues. I don't agree with not running but I do agree with his right to make a stand unfortunately he won't enjoy the support of his colleagues in the BSPL

Birmingham, by their own statements, had 7 riders to choose from for their final 2 heat leader spots, so it sounds like there was a surplus. There hasn't been enough rider resource for years, hence doubling up.

• Like 2

Buster never called off any Peterborough meetings when Nicki Pedersen quit after 2 bends to a point where the Panthers had to run with R/R or MPT at No.1 almost every week for 70% of the season.

That alone proves how little Buster actually cared about Peterborough Speedway.

• Like 1

I think this statement on the Lion's website makes interesting reading!

LEICESTER’S next ROWE Motor Oil Premiership fixture at King’s Lynn this Thursday (May 9) has been postponed.

The match has been called off by the home club due to the fact that Polish Championship qualifiers have been arranged for the same day.

This would have taken Tobiasz Musielak and Patryk Wojdylo out of the meeting against the Watling JCB Lions, although the former is now on the injury list.

King’s Lynn have proposed Monday July 1 as a provisional re-staging date, and we will update supporters if and when this date is confirmed.

The club will make no further comment at this stage on the circumstances surrounding the postponement.

The Lions are now in a break from action and will resume their campaign on Thursday May 23 when they travel to Sheffield, but before then the Lion Cubs are in action at home to Belle Vue this Sunday (May 12, 3pm).

Edited by Happy Hunter
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Official SCB enquiry into the postponement of this fixture. Blimey

While everybody is entitled to their opinion, nobody seems to have addressed the actual rules...

02.2.8 Promoter / Associate

Specifically, the staging Promotion is responsible: -

c) until 2 hours prior to the advertised start time may postpone the meeting if there are exceptional conditions as would make racing impossible, except where:

i) the SCB specifically forbids a Promotion from so doing

ii) if a Meeting Steward is appointed to the meeting and must advise the Referee at the earliest opportunity

It's an open and shut case... it was not "impossible" to stage this meeting, why the SCB haven't specifically forbidden it is a question that needs asking. They seem pretty toothless against promotions yet come down on riders like a tonne of bricks.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Official SCB enquiry into the postponement of this fixture. Blimey

they are just looking for someone to hold the rug up while this is swept under it 

• Like 1