British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Oxford.

19 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

BSN’s decision to return to Plymouth next week is disappointing. Not only because the quality of racing is atrocious, but where’s the variety? There’s six live meetings between the 1st and 16th of May; five of which are at either Oxford or Plymouth.

As I understand it filming companies are required to attend each track a certain number of times in the season so everyone gets a fair showing. I respect that the Plymouth side are possibly not a great draw with R/R at #1 but they must have their time. Later in the season as the league develops & the play offs begin then the bigger teams will get their time.

18 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you wearing an earpiece and being told what to say by Ant & Dec who are in a remote studio somewhere in London?

Just what this forum needed. Bellers has got himself another account.

17 minutes ago, Technik said:

As I understand it filming companies are required to attend each track a certain number of times in the season so everyone gets a fair showing. I respect that the Plymouth side are possibly not a great draw with R/R at #1 but they must have their time. Later in the season as the league develops & the play offs begin then the bigger teams will get their time.

Like I said, I understand and appreciate that every club must be represented equally: I don’t dispute that.

I’m just curious as to why BSN are covering six meetings in sixteen days and despite their being sixteen clubs across the top two flights, Oxford and Plymouth are being visited five out of the six times.

That’s not variety.

11 minutes ago, coypool55 said:

Just what this forum needed. Bellers has got himself another account.

What a bizarre thing to say.

I’m almost astonished at how defensive people are getting about this topic. It’s as if criticism of Plymouth’s quality of racing is a personal insult.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

15 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Like I said, I understand and appreciate that every club must be represented equally: I don’t dispute that.

I’m just curious as to why BSN are covering six meetings in sixteen days and despite their being sixteen clubs across the top two flights, Oxford and Plymouth are being visited five out of the six times.

That’s not variety.

What a bizarre thing to say.

I’m almost astonished at how defensive people are getting about this topic. It’s as if criticism of Plymouth’s quality of racing is a personal insult.

The meeting on Saturday at Plymouth just gone was inserted into the schedule at fairly short notice to make up for a rain off on March 30th. The fixture next week was always on the schedule. With having to do a minimum amount of fixtures for each club, but of course Oxford have 2 teams featured at different levels so Premiership and Championship have to be looked at in isolation.

There is also logistics to consider, doesn’t make sense to do Plymouth, then Belle Vue then Poole for example. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

The meeting on Saturday at Plymouth just gone was inserted into the schedule at fairly short notice to make up for a rain off on March 30th. The fixture next week was always on the schedule. With having to do a minimum amount of fixtures for each club, but of course Oxford have 2 teams featured at different levels so Premiership and Championship have to be looked at in isolation.

There is also logistics to consider, doesn’t make sense to do Plymouth, then Belle Vue then Poole for example. 

Fair enough. I appreciate the response and clarification, but retain my stance that it doesn’t represent variety.

The coverage itself is great, so hopefully the next schedule will afford viewers a more diverse list.

3 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Fair enough. I appreciate the response and clarification, but retain my stance that it doesn’t represent variety.

The coverage itself is great, so hopefully the next schedule will afford viewers a more diverse list.

The schedule is not chosen on what will be the best meeting of the week, although obviously we hope that will be the case..! BSN is visiting every championship club 3 times at home excluding playoffs and cup finals etc, and each Premiership club twice plus KO cup final for whoever makes that. So if there is a rain off we still have to visit that club at another time of year, and that needs to be agreeable to the club and not clash with other TV commitments or agreements, which can lead to some compromises to get everything in. What people wouldn’t want is to have a situation where we get to the end of the year and run out of meetings and short change anyone & there’s no guarantee any club will have much to race for after August, and so sometimes there will be some occasions where some clubs feature more.

Hope that explains it, originally everything was more spread out but with the rain in the south it’s been a bit of a thing for everybody..! 

I am happy to say that June will feature more variety than you can shake a stick at in the first week alone. Come back to me on June 8th and tell me about the variety ;) 

Edited by IanBrannan