British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Oxford.

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

All good widening the bends but the exits and entrances are still the same I think so still one way in and out it seems. So track alterations till they widen those parts won’t affect a thing. 

How many tracks are the same width on the bends as the straights?

• Like 1

Certainly not the best meeting I've seen at The Coliseum but not the worst either. The track is getting there and will take time but hats off to Mark Phillips and his crew for attempting and completing the project they undertook and the weather issues they faced with it. I spoke to him this evening and told him that too.

Oxford had a couple of passengers tonight at 2&6 but still kept it close. JJ started well but faded, Heeps started poorly but improved. Scott and Sam were as solid as expected.

Plymouth were solid throughout and Kyle Newman was superb all night. Dan was good too but that is his standard these days. Special mention to Jacob who quietly racked up a decent paid 7 as well which helped Plymouth's reserves make the difference overall. Those two at 6&7 must be good as in two home matches Gazza hasn't swapped them over once yet and those who have supported Garry May teams in the past know how rare that is for him!

• Like 3

Just caught-up with this meeting on BSN and first of all, congratulations to Plymouth on a deserved win and the aggregate bonus point.

However, that was a horrific advert for the sport. It reminded me of that car ride at theme parks where the vehicles are one behind the other on the one track.

Plymouth fans won’t mind, of course, but I’m disappointed BSN are covering a second meeting there this month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

All good widening the bends but the exits and entrances are still the same I think so still one way in and out it seems. So track alterations till they widen those parts won’t affect a thing. 

Hard to believe an Edinburgh fan criticising another teams track the irony.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The US have small tracks that give great entertainment...

Mildenhall in particular over here stands out as a small track that delivers good racing...

And to think, some Plymouth fans take the pee out of Poole's track...:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

The US have small tracks that give great entertainment...

Mildenhall in particular over here stands out as a small track that delivers good racing...

And to think, some Plymouth fans take the pee out of Poole's track...:D

Mildenhall was one of if not the most dangerous tracks in the UK…. Was terrible 

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Maybe more recently...

When I used to go there, there was some fantastic racing given its small size but wide bends.. 

• Like 3

was looking forward to coming down with the comets for my 1st visit in 10 days time, BUT after watching on BSN does not look to be a very good track at all, no passing and gate and gone, think it maybe a long nite for the many comets fans coming down . Hope I'm wrong 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Recently in the NL I'd agree but when they were in the Premier League 2006-08 it was fantastic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neila said:

was looking forward to coming down with the comets for my 1st visit in 10 days time, BUT after watching on BSN does not look to be a very good track at all, no passing and gate and gone, think it maybe a long nite for the many comets fans coming down . Hope I'm wrong 

Track curation is an art, you can't just lay a new track and expect it to work straight away.

Listen to what the riders said last night, it will improve over time once it beds in.

They changed the track during one of the wetest winters in history down there, they can't just chuck a load of shale on it and hope for the best, it will take time..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Neila said:

We might just surprise a few, it's practically just about who gets out the gate first. Claus scored 11+2 there last season.

Maybe Tate and Antti can have a session round our kids track to practice for it :D

It was an awful spectacle last night it is absoultely pointless that they've widened it because the inside line off the 3/4 bend works so well, I can get Plymouth fans being defensive over it because it's their home, but it does the sport no favours. I can now see Cookie's and Lawson's comments about the place in the pre-season events were justified

As harsh as that sounds it's the truth and 99% on this forum would agree.

Anyone comparing this to Edinburgh is wrong imo, Edinburgh is a good test of a riders ability. Plymouth is just like US indoor track. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

We might just surprise a few, it's practically just about who gets out the gate first. Claus scored 11+2 there last season.

Maybe Tate and Antti can have a session round our kids track to practice for it :D

It was an awful spectacle last night it is absoultely pointless that they've widened it because the inside line off the 3/4 bend works so well, I can get Plymouth fans being defensive over it because it's their home, but it does the sport no favours. I can now see Cookie's and Lawson's comments about the place in the pre-season events were justified

As harsh as that sounds it's the truth and 99% on this forum would agree.

Anyone comparing this to Edinburgh is wrong imo, Edinburgh is a good test of a riders ability. Plymouth is just like US indoor track. 

I heard what Lawson said, but what did Craig Cook say? 

Let’s see how the track is through the season. It sounded like they plan to put more dirt on the track, maybe that will make the racing better.

For all the bad words about the Edinburgh track, I saw a meeting there with 17 passes last season, so let’s not write the place off on the basis of one meeting after the changes.