British Speedway Forum

Witches v Lynn May 6th 2.15pm

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not saying there was, but i'm sure Toby's money  would of covered a decent guest, if one was available, or course.

54-36

Unfortunately the best we could have got would have been Pickering,and I've never seen him have a great meeting at Foxhall.So I actually agree with the management that there isn't a suitable replacement for Musielak on this occasion.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Unfortunately the best we could have got would have been Pickering,and I've never seen him have a great meeting at Foxhall.So I actually agree with the management that there isn't a suitable replacement for Musielak on this occasion.

I didn't look Tel tbh. But agree Picko isn't worth the extra money. He might of scored 6, in a meeting we probably would of lost with Toby anyway.

1 hour ago, Siggytastic said:

The parade to celebrate ITFC's promotion is planned for Monday afternoon which is likely to impact the attendance for this meeting somewhat

What are they having a parade for? They've won nothing! :P

We've had ours today so as not to clash with the Oxford meeting tomorrow :D

Edited by iainb

8 minutes ago, bruno said:

Coming down to this from the midlands for a day out is the parade going to affect the traffic on the way to Foxhall

Shouldn’t think it would too much, parade is fairly localised to the town centre so don’t come through the town, take the bypass over the Orwell bridge round to the Foxhall road and I’d think will be fine. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kelvinht said:

I'm hoping forecast is right and this gets rained off. I'm away this weekend so hopefully me and Tobi are OK for the rearranged date :)

Metoffice forecasting a dry day tomorrow

Part of me thinks Ipswich could've gone with r/r give their riders more track time / earnings, as it's "only King's Lynn" in opposition. But I guess that would've left Nicholls available to guest for Lynn, so better use him to avoid that!

On 5/4/2024 at 4:20 PM, StarBoy said:

As per KL website R/R will be used with no suitable guests available, and therefore the remaining 6 can take a ride. 

Heat 1 - NK

Heat 6 - BB

Heat 10 - PW

Heat 13 - NKI

would be my guess

Is the meeting at Kings Lynn?

That is the heats for a home number 1, not an away number 1.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Tbf the metoffice has now changed to more resemble the bbc forecast too

Could the BBC be right for once!

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u12b4ht3f#?date=2024-05-06

Very very iffy looking at that. The heaviest bout of rain coming in just in time for tapes up..

mind you, AccuWeather I find reliable, has a dry afternoon

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/ipswich/ip4-2/weather-forecast/330938

They have the rain further south from us. Guess it’s just a case of wait and see!

Edited by Arch Stanton

I don't post on the forum anymore, in fact I don't even look at it.  But I had something planned for today, and have been watching the 'Weather Radar, and 2-hours ago, the rain had crept into Kent from the South Coast, now it's reached Chelmsford, and looks to be heading your way.

I hope for your sake it doesn't reach you, as it's a lovely day here in Norfolk, but the signs aren't looking good.