British Speedway Forum

Birmingham/ Aces

25 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

That's the way I see it, no heavy stuff so actually should make for a decent meeting, with regards to the track ie shale, overtaking etc etc, I suppose over the years I have been to probably 50 meetings at Perry Barr, I have rarely seen much overtaking and when I have it's usually been on bends 3/4, overtaking on bends 1/2 is rarer than winning the jackpot on euro millions, Nigel Tolley told me they were going to put more banking on those bends over the winter, now my eyesight aint very good these days but from what I have seen so far there is NO extra banking on bends 1/2 hence still no passing around 1/2, so what we have is very little shale, 50% of the track where little or no overtaking and the remainder is difficult to get any drive so Perry Barr needs gaters to win meetings gate and go tonight and whoever does that will win the meeting.

wow sounds enthrawling to watch later on :rofl: hopefully Aces will show there class and come out and do some overtaking !!

Tough call for the Brummies, make it gate ‘n’ go for a tedious win or make it a (R)Aces track for an entertaining defeat. I foresee the former which is unfortunately the norm for UK speedway and sees the casual observer switching off in their droves vowing never to visit this inane sport of ours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I think the weather will win this one!

Hahaha Be interesting to see which of us is right, both the Met Office and BBC are saying light rain at 5-00pm, then Met Office no rain at 6-00pm then rain between 7/9-00pm but BBC says rain at 6-00pm no rain at 7-00pm then light rain between 7/8-00pm, I still think the meeting will go ahead, here in Cradley Heath at 5-00pm we still have strong winds and intermittant sunshine, but NO rain... weather forecast over and BV to win but the Brummies might just make a meeting of it, difficult to predict because of the gate and go..

5 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Hahaha Be interesting to see which of us is right, both the Met Office and BBC are saying light rain at 5-00pm, then Met Office no rain at 6-00pm then rain between 7/9-00pm but BBC says rain at 6-00pm no rain at 7-00pm then light rain between 7/8-00pm, I still think the meeting will go ahead, here in Cradley Heath at 5-00pm we still have strong winds and intermittant sunshine, but NO rain... weather forecast over and BV to win but the Brummies might just make a meeting of it, difficult to predict because of the gate and go..

BBC garbage forecasts :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Well it 7-00pm, NO rain as yet but heavy clouds overhead, Meeting now on live so see for yourselves.. :D

the wind will have helped hopefully been same here in manchester heavy clouds but strong wind ?

Does not really match the standard of the Polish top flight and anyone who watched yesterday’s meetings will despair at the extremes in terms of quality. It is embarrassing by comparison and at the same time a shame that UK speedway will never match the league racing including the enthusiastic supporters that you get with Poland. Surely it is time to drop the live action in the UK on national television and show a highlights programme leaving BSN to show the sport on live streams. It would be good if ITV 4 sport were convinced to show matches from Poland. It might help the U K sport. U K speedway is a poor relation to what is available elsewhere.

• Sad 1