British Speedway Forum

Workington v Scunthorpe 28/04/24 BSN 3:30pm.

Congrats to Workington, I said pre season they were dark horses for the title this year. As for Scunny's top 3, I hope Godfrey has lined them up and given them a good spanking, pathetic display. I didn't expect Howarth to be Douglas but he has been awful.

So looks like in pre season predictions scunny been overrated and worky underrated. If their reserves can contribute 10/11 every meeting then they really could be in for a season.

Well played to Celina, hope she kicks on now. Simon Lambert a big scalp at this level 

Eating humble pie tonight after commenting on the reserves situation on Friday, Sam and Celina showing they can both do it when the chips are down, hope Ant is ok. Workington already had a good team in their 1-5, but have the makings of a very good team if improvements continue.

Wow, how poor are Scunny, I said yesterday after the Berwick hammering that Scunny are a team of good second strings with occasionally rising to heat leader, I’ll change that to Scunny are a team of poor second strings, it’s early days yet but the door is ajar already for Toft and Howarth, especially Howarth who I don’t rate anyway, Scunny have no number one again and boy does it show

• Like 1

Worky are developing into a decent side, they are getting a much better tune out of Batch than anyone expected and it's pleasing to see both reserves win a race today.

Probably a bit early to pile in on Scunny too hard but they need to improve, it's not been a good weekend for them. You'd expect them to comfortably beat both Berwick and Worky at home though, although aggregate wins will be a big ask.

Antti is battered and bruised but okay. Paramedics deemed him to be concussed.

Has to sit out now for 9 days. Unfortunate he will be missing for Glasgow away and Redcar at Home. Probably not a rider like Tate you can replace adequately on a 5 point average.

The meeting was very good from Heat 5 re-run onwards, it was a lengthy delay but credit to Steve for sorting it.

Promising start to competitive racing so far. Our top 5 is one of the best in the league in my opinion.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Well that looked utter crap from the updates site. 4 heat winners, 2 top scorers with 7 a piece.

Do we not watch races from the pits gate? When Worky didn't gate, they stuck it around the outside of bends 1 & 2 & were gone.

And your captain was beaten by a girl who is only in speedway as a pr stunt

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Thought we had slipped up not using tate in ht 12 but pleased we didnt well done sam and celina,had a little chat with rob godfrey nothing but praise for the arena,roll on redcar

Don’t believe all hate for Rob Godfrey , he’s very knowledgable and approachable with anything to do with speedway .  
Well done to Workington today and Berwick  yesterday on there wins this weekend .

My worry with the Scunny side is  at No 1 , I know with the pts limit Kyle Howarth was not going to match Ryan Douglas scores but I’m sure his seasons scores he’s averaging approx 6 pts per meeting which is no we’re good enough as a number 1 .

Other riders aren’t performing as the should aswell , really hope the team uses this as a springboard  to getting things better on the track 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Thought we had slipped up not using tate in ht 12 but pleased we didnt well done sam and celina,had a little chat with rob godfrey nothing but praise for the arena,roll on redcar

Tate wasn't eligible for an IRR outing.

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

And your captain was beaten by a girl who is only in speedway as a pr stunt

I think you'll find she is I  speedway because she wants to race and has demonstrated sufficient ability and achievements to progress in her chosen sport.

• Like 7

Just now, arnieg said:

I think you'll find she is I  speedway because she wants to race and has demonstrated sufficient ability and achievements to progress in her chosen sport.

I'm only quoting 90 % of comments on this forum

Most at workington are behind her and believed it was only a matter of time before she had a result 

Dont expect it every week but she's been very close to passing almost every meeting 

And Sam just needs a little more confidence which he had 2nd half this meeting

• Like 1