British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Berwick BSN Trophy 26th April

Must win for both sides if they want to keep their hopes alive of either winning the group or as best runner up.

Edinburgh have put in 2 good performances away from home so far this season and although we have some riders who normally go well around Armadale I’m expecting the Monarchs to take this by 10 and end our hopes of qualification.

Must win for us this one if we have any aspirations of progressing this season.... It's doable but won't be counting any chickens considering the Monarchs held Poole to 9 points at home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Where’s Mr Blobby?

Where’s Mr Barrie?

How many points are Stewart Dickson’s Bandits going to win by tonight?

Just enough hopefully looking forward to watching on BSN

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

Will be watching this on BSN. Edinburgh for me but KT needs to up his game. Been here a while now and should be pushing on. 

The problem with Kye is he had a good first couple of seasons with Edinburgh, but hasn't gotten any better. Had he been a 4.00 rider, then 5.00, then 6.50 people would probably talk about him more.

For example his season starting average was better than Zach Cook's, but Zach may finally overtake him this season.

We've stepped on quite a few black cats it seems... Lewi out and now losing Jye and Drew.... 

That was shaping up to be quite a close contest but Berwick kept pressing the self destruct button with countless engine failures, falls and exclusions. 

I quite like the look of the Edinburgh team as dark horses, best racing I've seen from Armadale in the last few years 

Ride of the night from Schlein in 15!

Edited by iainb

8 hours ago, Tinker said:

Will be watching this on BSN. Edinburgh for me but KT needs to up his game. Been here a while now and should be pushing on. 

Kye is just inconsistent. He'll win a heat you least expect then miss the gate and be way off the pace in others. Personally, I'm glad he's back with us as I'm eternally hopeful he'll get that consistency. 

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fair bit of self destruct for Berwick tonight.Not a bad meeting though.Some good passing moves..Not overly convinced with Monarchs but they done the job tonight.Fair play to them.

Your scepticism is justified. Josh misses the gate same as always and at Armadale that's a real issue, Lasse hits the fence a lot, Kye is inconsistent, Paco....is Paco, Justin is 'new', Connor can gate better than Bastian but is that enough.. and Max is great and I want to see his progression. In summary we aren't better than last season. But as long as there is good racing I don't mind at all.

• Like 3

Just saw that heat fifteen on BSN. Wow. What a ride from Schlein.

The two Monarchs seemed to ignore him after the race. Sedgmen definitely did; Schlein had his hand up for an embrace, but Sedgmen looked at him and didn’t offer the same in return. Bizarre.

Perhaps a little embarrassed at being absolutely bullied by Schlein on their home circuit?

Also, is it normal for the winner of heat fifteen to go straight back to the pits? Schlein did and I assume there are travelling Bandits fans who would have been grateful for a lap of honour in appreciation. 

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

8 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Just saw that heat fifteen on BSN. Wow. What a ride from Schlein.

The two Monarchs seemed to ignore him after the race. Sedgmen definitely did; Schlein had his hand up for an embrace, but Sedgmen looked at him and didn’t offer the same in return. Bizarre.

Perhaps a little embarrassed at being absolutely bullied by Schlein on their home circuit?

Also, is it normal for the winner of heat fifteen to go straight back to the pits? Schlein did and I assume there are travelling Bandits fans who would have been grateful for a lap of honour in appreciation. 

Had to be well over 100 bandits fans on the 3rd bend last night. No luck for the Berwick lads tonight but showed grit to keep going and keeping Edinburgh on their game. Hope Drew and Jye are on the mend. 

9 hours ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Your scepticism is justified. Josh misses the gate same as always and at Armadale that's a real issue, Lasse hits the fence a lot, Kye is inconsistent, Paco....is Paco, Justin is 'new', Connor can gate better than Bastian but is that enough.. and Max is great and I want to see his progression. In summary we aren't better than last season. But as long as there is good racing I don't mind at all.

Good to see some positivity after a 16 point win…

I thought our 1-7 all rode well for their first home meeting of the season. We’ve also scored 40+ and Poole and Berwick whilst chucking some points away, think the boys deserve some credit.

I do agree that it was brilliant to see some competitive racing again at the dale.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Haha! Pretty sure they wouldn’t have lost any sleep over it. Meeting won, bonus point won, both top scored and outscored Schlein, got the 5-1 in heat 13 when it actually mattered etc. 

Exceptional ride from Schlein - wish he had come round to take the applause. 

• Like 1