British Speedway Forum

Redcar v Workington: (KO cup QF, 1st Leg); 26/4/24

7 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

Anyone got any info on the junior game after comets vs redcar? Seen Harry was riding and would like to see he done. I know he won the first.

Had bike issues in next 2 rides was winning both but pulled up both times on the 3rd lap

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Had bike issues in next 2 rides was winning both but pulled up both times on the 3rd lap

Did he look good when he was riding? I know he lacked some serious confidence last year and never looked like passing anyone and didn't look comfortable on the bends.

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Redcar's reserves done their job tonight.

Yea unfortunately our reserves are the week link, got to give them time, but the big question is how much time, but bigger question who maybe available to replace one of them? Imo Celina is on the pace if only she could gate better

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yea unfortunately our reserves are the week link, got to give them time, but the big question is how much time, but bigger question who maybe available to replace one of them? Imo Celina is on the pace if only she could gate better

You're not gonna get a better 2.00 rider than McGurk, so Liebmann is the obvious rider to be replaced if Workington want to strengthen up.

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The Mulford pass on Craig Cook was good and also Batch with Wright in 13 and 15, were great races. 

A shame that King and Tate picked up injuries. Hopefully they won't be out for too long. 

Tate went down in first heat off camera so don't know what happened 

But Danny went down on his own and no obvious reason to fall I suspect he wasn't fit to race after his bad crash at workington 

Looks to have done more damage by coming back too early 

43 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

But Danny went down on his own and no obvious reason to fall I suspect he wasn't fit to race after his bad crash at workington 

Think on the stream last night I heard it was a hand injury 

All joking aside, like has already been said, we can’t be carrying a 1-5 rider and 2 reserves. I know this season is just about establishing ourselves back in the championship but I just don’t think Sam is quite ready for this league. 

You look at the form of Jack smith and think an opportunity has been missed there. Once his temp stint at Scunthorpe is over he’ll be snapped up rapid, probably by Glasgow. 

Onwards and upwards, can’t win them all, but how much time is going to be given before a change.

Edited by CTD26

6 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

All joking aside, like has already been said, we can’t be carrying a 1-5 rider and 2 reserves. I know this season is just about establishing ourselves back in the championship but I just don’t think Sam is quite ready for this league. 

You look at the form of Jack smith and think an opportunity has been missed there. Once his temp stint at Scunthorpe is over he’ll be snapped up rapid, probably by Glasgow. 

Onwards and upwards, can’t win them all, but how much time is going to be given before a change.

With Ace breaking his wrist last night Jack Smith would be the obvious replacement, what happens with the Complin hearing will decide who he replaces .

9 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

What 2.00 rider would score more than Sam? Ryan Kinsley? Jody Scott?

Maybe get you an extra point per match, but find a 4.00 rider who can keep their average, that'd be a bigger improvement.

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

What 2.00 rider would score more than Sam? Ryan Kinsley? Jody Scott?

Maybe get you an extra point per match, but find a 4.00 rider who can keep their average, that'd be a bigger improvement.

What about Roynon on 3.5 surely he should at least beat the 2pt reserves 

1 hour ago, CTD26 said:

Smith is only guesting for Scunthorpe, could sign for a team now.

3 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Are you for real !

You obviously weren't watching as Danny went in too hot trying to go round the boards on a greasy surface and lost the back end so slid off.

At the same time Tate had too much grip on the exit and lifted , crashing on the straight.

Try watching the racing or even understanding what its like riding a speedway bike.

As a separate issue, I and may other Comets fans saw something distinctly odd happening during track grading and watering at Redcar.  The tractor and the grader were often travelling in opposite directions during preparation. ie they were travelling TOWARDS each other !

I was told that this is against BSPA rules. As it appears some time ago an accident occurred at another track where the tractors collided with each other, causing injury. Since then, I AM TOLD a rule was introduced to stop this, and both vehicles had to travel the same way at all times. 

Is anyone up to speed on detailed rules regarding track prep and can they confirm an offence has taken place, or is this method still allowed ?

Incidentally, Steve Lawson remarked that he too thought it was odd, and he has rarely seen tractors travelling in conflicting directions !

I have no idea if what I was told, IS correct, but maybe someone out here can confirm or deny it ?

5 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Tate reared up coming out of turn 4, just after Danny came off and came off the back of the bike on the home straight. Came out for his second rude but came off again and was withdrawn.

Don’t think it’s anything too serious hopefully.