British Speedway Forum

Redcar v Workington: (KO cup QF, 1st Leg); 26/4/24

Seeing as nobody has started a thread yet,
Line ups to be confirmed:-
Redcar “Bears”

1, Danny King; 2, Jonas Knudsen; 3, Connor Bailey; 4, Jason Edwards; 5, Charles Wright; 6, Jake Mulford; 7, Ben Trigger.

Workington “Comets”

1, Craig Cook; 2, Tate Zischke; 3, Antti Vuolas; 4, Claus Vissing; 5, Troy Batchelor; 6, Sam McGurk; 7, Celina Liebmann.

After the home defeat in the BSN series, I would expect an improvement from the Bears, but who knows what will happen, both teams appear to be evenly matched, could be a home win, could be an away win or even a Golden heat.

Edited by pvm
Font playing up?
  • Thanks 1

Could be another good meeting,  if the comets don't give the bears a 12 point start this time, could be another away win hopefully another meeting with good races like the one a couple of weeks ago. UTC

As is a KOC match don't think golden heats rule applies if it's a draw in the 1st leg

Edited by Neila

12 minutes ago, Midget said:

Workington need a change at reserve a quick. Cant keep being so long in the tail  

Said this last year but nothing happened. Be no team changes at all this year just wait.

Completely different track from a couple weeks back absolute snooze fest 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Said this last year but nothing happened. Be no team changes at all this year just wait.

Completely different track from a couple weeks back absolute snooze fest 

Posted before Heat 13 I assume which was an absolutely superb race. 

Oh and I enjoyed Jake Mulford passing Craig Cook in Heat 11.

• Like 1

Just now, Yearbyred said:

Posted before Heat 13 I assume which was an absolutely superb race. 

Oh and I enjoyed Jake Mulford passing Craig Cook in Heat 11.

Wow 2 passes in a whole meeting, absolutely mind blowing speedway. Berwick tactics from Redcar tonight 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Midget said:

Workington need a change at reserve an quick. Cant keep being so long in the tail  

Reality bites, Workington can't afford just one of their 1-5 having an off day when they're carrying the reserves, need at least three race wins from them all every meeting to have a chance 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Wow 2 passes in a whole meeting, absolutely mind blowing speedway. Berwick tactics from Redcar tonight 

There's a trend.... You got battered at Berwick and have been beaten at Redcar... And they're snooze fests? :lol: :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

There's a trend.... You got battered at Berwick and have been beaten at Redcar... And they're snooze fests? :lol: :icon_smile_clown:

The racing early on was processional but there were some cracking races later on, the races between Wright and Bachelor were superb (thought Wright won Heat 13 from my position). To suggest that this was some underhand tactic from Redcar is quite frankly laughable and makes you look a bit daft. 

Bears still having no luck with injuries, although Kings absence was slightly levelled out by Zischke withdrawing too (hope both are ok) but the team rallied and Bailey and Knudsen gave Wright excellent support. Special mention to Mulford who was much improved. Better signs for the team.

For the Comets that’s the best I’ve seen Batchelor ride in a long time and Vissing had a couple of good rides but Cook faded after a good start and the rest were inconsistent.

Makes the second leg interesting at least.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2