British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue v Ipswich 22nd April

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He’ll do better than that tomorrow no doubt about it, but he won’t go unbeaten. He’s lacked speed at the NSS last couple of seasons. 

hopefully not :rofl:  but yes last 2 seasons he as not scored well :rolleyes: interesting meeting tomoz if the predicted rain arrives a wet track could throw up any result ipswich stronger with douglas now !!

Well Doyle may have only got 4 but Emil scored 14 for Torun!

A likely home win but if the Witches restrict the Aces to 10 or less thats progress on last season! Gives them the BP if they do! the key question is can Emil finally win heat 1 in 2024 in the UK! Edit - he won heat 1 at Oxford the other day I forgot that one!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Well Doyle may have only got 4 but Emil scored 14 for Torun!

Wroclaw's visit to Czestochowa was a victim of snow so Bewley should be well rested. Rybnik fixture also called off so Kurtz & Blodorn had weekend off.

Tine for Aces strength in depth to get the through a meeting as their top 3 may struggle to match the strong Witches spearhead. Blodorn, Cook, Bailey & Mountain must prove they are better than their Suffolk counterparts.

8 hours ago, Col said:

Wroclaw's visit to Czestochowa was a victim of snow so Bewley should be well rested. Rybnik fixture also called off so Kurtz & Blodorn had weekend off.

Tine for Aces strength in depth to get the through a meeting as their top 3 may struggle to match the strong Witches spearhead. Blodorn, Cook, Bailey & Mountain must prove they are better than their Suffolk counterparts.

Yes, agreed and a sign that the Witches have a better all round team strength this year will be proven if they can score better in the middle order / reserves this year. I hope Jenkins can have a good meeting - you would think Belle Vue would suit him but lets see.

I think this is a great time to face BV at the NSS... They are not all fully dialled in at home yet and the Witches have riders who can definitely collect points and be competitive all night - I'd be a little disappointed if we don't snag the bonus point to be honest.  

For a complete round-up from Poland for riders in this meeting, Tarnow v Pila was rained off so Ellis didn't ride.  Rew scored 4 from 4 during Leszno's thumping in Torun.  Finished ahead of Smektała & Przedpełski in one ride.  Zengota inflicted Sayfutdinov's only dropped point.

Still raining as of 11-20am not heavy but plenty puddles around ? track will need a few dry hours to dry out hopefully forecast is correct and due to stop around lunchtime :t:

16 hours ago, AceBelle said:

Doyle having a stinker in Poland been on the end of 3 5-1's scored 2 pts :rolleyes:

I think his GP days are numbered but I  thought he would  continue to be a force  in the Polish league for the next couple of years ,maybe those injuries are starting to catch up with him .

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I dont see Douglas making them stronger, King's scores very well at BV usually. 

Use to.  Not so good now but does put a good ride or 2 In

So Doyle’s flight is delayed and can’t get here. 

lidsey in same meeting as Doyle last night is over here already. 

looking at flights. Doyle’s flight was due to land at stanstead at half 12. Get out of the airport approx 1pm then got a 5 hour drive in busy traffic to get here. What a weird way to travel to Manchester. Something fishy. 

also they get a facility of 75% of his average. Why did Oxford not get this last week or did they not want to use that facility.