British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn vs Sheffield - Monday 22nd April

If it's slick then KL get battered.

If it's grippy then KL win a close one because the Tigers will have a couple of riders who hate grippy tracks mainly a former KL rider (C. Holder)

48 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

comments and predictions...

All depends if Basso is back.

Lawson is a superb guest for NKI as he’ll probably score more than Puk would have. 

If basso is fit I think we could just it, but the bonus point is long gone. 

47-43

Whatever the track is like I think this is a very tall order for Lynn, remembering Sheffield at the AFA last year makes any Stars fan shudder.

If Ben is still out its a big blow. Paddy needs to show something much better this week after two poor meetings.

Weather Permitting....Ive decided to give this meeting a look, as i cant get to Manchester to watch Ipswich's customary Loss at Belle Vue, and i'm looking forward to it. Don't think it's a given Sheffield win here, Lawson coming in as a Guest is a good move in my book, but Basso being available is key. Will be interesting what sort of reception Chris Holder gets from the Lynn supporters and how he goes on the track.

Could be closer than what we all think.

Roll on Monday for a Good Meeting

1 minute ago, siggysigalos said:

Weather Permitting....Ive decided to give this meeting a look, as i cant get to Manchester to watch Ipswich's customary Loss at Belle Vue, and i'm looking forward to it. Don't think it's a given Sheffield win here, Lawson coming in as a Guest is a good move in my book, but Basso being available is key. Will be interesting what sort of reception Chris Holder gets from the Lynn supporters and how he goes on the track.

Could be closer than what we all think.

Roll on Monday for a Good Meeting

Wrap up well, it's going to be chilly...

• Like 1

If the track is grippy then that won’t favour Tobiasz as well as both Holders, both he and Jack always wanted Owlerton on the slick side like the Polish tracks.  Woffinden can usually ride most surfaces thrown at him and Pickering g and Howarth don’t mind it deep.  Can only see Sheffield continuing their winning streak against Kings Lynn but maybe not as comprehensive as the 2023 scores 

8 hours ago, StarBoy said:

All depends if Basso is back.

Lawson is a superb guest for NKI as he’ll probably score more than Puk would have. 

If basso is fit I think we could just it, but the bonus point is long gone. 

47-43

Lawson and Basso give us a fighting chance, will be close, but struggling to see past a Sheffield win again.... aargh

mentally KL must be fearing the worst after getting battered Thursday, think they need to start well first 4 races or Sheffield will take the win with ease. 

I don’t think Gilkes/Edwards will out score the KL reserves which makes it an interesting match up. Going to try and get down for it Monday afternoon 

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Lawson guesting for Iversen and I guess either Brennan or Harris will be guesting for Basso… Brennan has been on fire though so I’ll imagine it will be him 

Bombers average is to high at 6.89.:angry:

With the +5% home guest rule, we have 6.66 for Ben, and 6.86 for NKI. Lawson is 6.67 so is in for Niels. Tom fits for Ben, if 2 guests are allowed for your 3rd and 4th place riders in your averages. I'm not sure without looking it up.:t:

7 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

NKI riding today in Poland :rolleyes:

So if he comes through that, he will taking his place tomorrow?. Are the concussion rules the same here as Poland?  Lawson is/was booked for him. It would be better for the Stars if Puk has a slight  "reaction" today :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

So if he comes through that, he will taking his place tomorrow?. Are the concussion rules the same here as Poland?  Lawson is/was booked for him. It would be better for the Stars if Puk has a slight  "reaction" today :)

NKI shouldn't be riding tomorrow, I'm sure it was 9 days he isn't allowed to ride in the UK for.Poland just do what they want.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

NKI shouldn't be riding tomorrow, I'm sure it was 9 days he isn't allowed to ride in the UK for.Poland just do what they want.

Yep that's how it works AFAIK.