British Speedway Forum

Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024

24 took part and i’m pleased to say that the spread was too hard for 13 of you punters !!

Only 11 carry on to round 2

yes Holder cost me but i cannot see why so many piled in on Woffy !!! I had seen nothing so far this season to think he would be anywhere near winning the meeting.

Leaderboard after round 1

Daz S £1800

Dave Rowe £1550

Hilly £1275

shockster £1200

Salty £1150

Speedwaysliders £900

Icescot £700

Col £597

Fromafar £500

Racers and Royals £500

Garry1603 £250

WE LOSE

full-throttle NIL

gmarsbar2 —£100

JohnBolly —£200

tintin —£200

The Cheese —£200

r8gdp —£200

iand —£300

Shrewsbury Wolf —£600

psycho3a —£1000

London Racer —£1200

TTT —£1800

Panthers99 —£2800

Robbie B  —£4200

round 2 is in Warsaw on Saturday 11th May

• Haha 2

Gutted to be out didn’t expect Woffinden to win but thought he d make the semifinals easily how wrong can you get a very poor performance from him well done and good luck to everyone still in 

thanks for running the competition again R/R pity I couldn’t stay in a little longer 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2024 at 1:34 PM, r8gdp said:

Gutted to be out didn’t expect Woffinden to win but thought he d make the semifinals easily how wrong can you get a very poor performance from him well done and good luck to everyone still in 

thanks for running the competition again R/R pity I couldn’t stay in a little longer 

Brutal rules from R&R nowadays.Although like R&R just don’t understand piling on Woffy now a shadow of the rider he once was.

Edited by Fromafar

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Brutal rules from R&R nowadays.Although like R&R just don’t understand piling on Woffy now a shadow of the rider he once was.

Nothing “brutal” with the rules !! If the punters think they can win thousands on the 1st round against the best bookmaker in Speedway then let them try !!

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2024 at 1:34 PM, r8gdp said:

Know how you feel lol.

I picked one of the most out of form riders in Poland and someone who was dreadful in qualifying only to see Doyley finish 2nd on the night lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Nothing “brutal” with the rules !! If the punters think they can win thousands on the 1st round against the best bookmaker in Speedway then let them try !!

just did £1800. not bad for 1st round. :t: