British Speedway Forum

Workington v Redcar 20/04/24 3pm BSN

45 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Irrelevant, we are running and no talk of that changing but in this current climate nothing is definite like other clubs know to their sad ends.

make it easier for ya . how many tracks have Berwick had in the past .

21 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

The comets have a fair shout at silver wear this year if they bite the bullet and move Liebmann on. Taking sex out if it she’s not very good and not even close to a 4 pointer. If they can bring someone in that’s capable of scoring there average then they’ll be there of thereabouts.

Blobby the Dinosaur, already Celina getting criticised on this forum and other social media must be jealousy.

I hope Danny King and Sam  are ok after that Nast crash yesterday.

Some fine racing and a good crowd down at the Northside Arena.

I sincerely hope that Celina is given a good run to establish herself in the team.Preferably the whole season.

All new riders need to be given a chance.

At Redcar and Workington she battled to go from 4th to third showing her potential.

A long time ago, I saw a young Danish rider in the Wu21 championship.. Sabrina Bogh… she got 8 points and was passing riders on the bends.

She was crowned Danish U21 champion with a field containing a lot of talented riders… cannot remember the year now..

Good luck Celina.. keep the faith and show progression during the year.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Whatever a rider's gender, surely you give them more than three competitive fixtures to get used to UK racing? Especially if the team has won them all. 

Remember when Tom Armstrong got sent home to Australia by Scunthorpe after only 3 matches. Not saying it's right, but it has happened before. Think they did the same with Jedd List.

Edited by szkocjasid

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Remember when Tom Armstrong got sent home to Australia by Scunthorpe after only 3 matches. Not saying it's right, but it has happened before. Think they did the same with Jedd List.

can conclude from that the scunny prom.... sorry knob godfrey is a complete tool

20 minutes ago, homer said:

can conclude from that the scunny prom.... sorry knob godfrey is a complete tool

Mr Godfrey also signed as a raw youth, a future multiple World Champion,  Mr Tai Woofinden. So a complete tool I think not!:D

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Tom Armstrong didn't get sent home he had a huge crash in his first home meeting hitting the fence just before the start line . If memory serves me right the primary chain snapped sending him in . Jedd was replaced by Danny Ayers and had several other offers but chose not to take them at the time he has hardly ridden since 

• Like 1

Just caught up with this...

My first look at the new Worky and it is indeed very impressive and should only get better as a Speedway venue, track is a nice shape and actually seems to use a red shale, which is a rarity in Speedway these days. They'll need to get the dust situation sorted out if they're running during the day, sending punters home covered in dust is simply not acceptable to many people.

It was good to see Craig Cook back to his very best, when his head is in the right place there will be few better than him in the CL. Celina showing a few of the men up with her very clear and loud dropping of the F-Bomb... would make a docker blush. Tai Woffinden watch out!

Something I did notice was that the ref was starting the races, you could clearly see him through the patio door of the ref's box making exaggerated movements putting the green light on and then releasing the tapes, so much for the new automated system. I wonder if riders will stop looking at the magnets and start watching the ref?

19 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Blobby the Dinosaur, already Celina getting criticised on this forum and other social media must be jealousy.

She's more of a man than Blobby will ever be :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Something I did notice was that the ref was starting the races, you could clearly see him through the patio door of the ref's box making exaggerated movements putting the green light on and then releasing the tapes, so much for the new automated system. I wonder if riders will stop looking at the magnets and start watching the ref?

Think the ref still needs to hit a computer button for the automated tape count to release the tapes, so this is what you probably saw. Or if its like the transponders not working all the time or at all stadiums 

16 hours ago, Neila said:

They borrowed derwent park to play Weymouth in a cup semi final lots of years ago could have been 1985

1981 when Berwick were homeless, they raced at Barrow, Glasgow, Workington and Newcastle

Edited by bigdave
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think the ref still needs to hit a computer button for the automated tape count to release the tapes, so this is what you probably saw. Or if its like the transponders not working all the time or at all stadiums 

When the automated starts were not used at Leicester recently it was announced over the PA, not sure if it has been at other tracks. Surely the ref would only need to press 1 button, once,  to switch the green lights on and initiate the automatic procedure. What I did see looking at the BSN coverage was the tapes going up as soon as the ref pressed the 2nd button, every time. 

Edited by iainb