British Speedway Forum

Workington v Redcar 20/04/24 3pm BSN

Redcar Bears will be out for revenge on Saturday afternoon in this tough home meeting for the Comets.

Hope Celina is fit for this meeting.

Footnote : I could have titled this meeting Comets/Bears...... but we do things differently in the Championship.B)

Hoping for a comet's win, but Redcar could do the same to the comets as we did to the bears last week.  For once a good weather forecast but still cool. Hope its a good meeting at the GT tyres northside arena  UTC

12 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

looking forward to it

really interested to see if the no hopers Workington signed continue to impress 

we know we are weak at reserve but as long as they keep trying they will improve and start scoring a few points between them 

Nobody has ever said Tate or the fin were no hopers if anything people have praised those signings. So bit of a Strange comment.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

looking forward to it

really interested to see if the no hopers Workington signed continue to impress 

we know we are weak at reserve but as long as they keep trying they will improve and start scoring a few points between them 

Both teams are not strong at reserve, but someone has to win that battle. Even if that's Redcar, still think Comets top 5 will steer them to victory.

1 hour ago, snapper said:

I hate this excuse from riders that "I was chasing a setup all night" well the other guys managed to score points 

Exactly,do they not help each other out if one's found the set up does he not pass any information on or are they all for themselves there's no I in team

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snapper said:

I hate this excuse from riders that "I was chasing a setup all night" well the other guys managed to score points 

I believe, it was the first meeting, for the new track curation team and judging by the * slickness* of the track, it was a long way from what the riders, are used to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I believe, it was the first meeting, for the new track curation team and judging by the * slickness* of the track, it was a long way from what the riders, are used to.

They were 12 pts up after 4 Heats though.No excuse really.

Just now, Fromafar said:

They were 12 pts up after 4 Heats though.No excuse really.

I think that whatever material had been on the track, was beginning to disappear, after that. Charles Wright was even struggling and trying to make changes after 2 races.

7 hours ago, snapper said:

I guess it helps their confidence to blame their equipment rather than admit they were under par?

Means they can go to the next track & expect a big score because they believe they weren't at fault for a low score?

• Like 1

The Bears using rider replacement for Jonas Knudsen who has Polish commitments . Both Charles Wright and Connor Bailey can take a ride, could strengthen them up . We will need to be on it from the off .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

The Bears using rider replacement for Jonas Knudsen who has Polish commitments . Both Charles Wright and Connor Bailey can take a ride, could strengthen them up . We will need to be on it from the off .

Yeah, with Wright getting an extra ride, strengthens them for sure.

10 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Commitment or choice to be in poland,about time a number 8 should be used to take all rides.