British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

Actually Schroeck's excuse for his mistakes makes him look even more inept imo

I’m normally clued up, but there was so much going on towards the end of the meeting and I missed an opportunity there and that does frustrate me.

As soon as Tungate was missing & Clouting was his planned replacement, the obvious choice would be for Wright / Clouting or Wright on his own to take the first 3 rides with Riss replacing Clouting / Tungate in heat 14 alongside Boughen. Then once they were 6 points down, very obviously you'd put Nicholls in instead of Boughen.

So how was "so much going on" that he made a mistake? He should have known what to do before the first heat?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, chun said:

he looked good at oxford.  maybe taking time to get to grips with foxhall.  can’t help being moved to no 2, a position that rew should be commanding by now

He was pretty poor for the Cheetahs on Wednesday, though. Just got 2 points at Championship level, only beating Ashton Boughen and Jacob Hook in heat 14. Still, it's early days, you don't become rubbish over one winter, so I'm sure he'll find his form in time.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I dont think conditions suited him. He is way better than that, Oxford did well considering Tungate missed his flight.

I think in his last ride he was onboard a lawnmower, sounded awful. That new boy Nicholls looks a good prospect though.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KevtheRev said:

By not running Heat 15, did Oxford get a losing bonus point by only losing by 6?

If so, lets hope Ipswich don't miss out on the play offs by 1 league point from Oxford!

More than happy with Jordon. Clearly on the pace and will score more when in his correct position of reserve.

Eh ? Oxford LOST both meetings Ipswich WON both meetings bonus point WON by Ipswich :t:

3 hours ago, orion said:

You would think wet conditions would suit Chris Harris than any other rider. Just remember all the stick  i got saying that Harris would not score well  v a decent ippo side.at Foxhall   ..Magic looking great as well i see. Saying all that if Tungate had have showed up they might have won.

All riders struggled passing, even Emil struggled early on when he didnt gate, Harris is usually good at Foxhall.

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Strawman argument. Harris's GSA is under 7 so no one should regularly expect him to score double figures. 

He's outscored his average in 4 out of 5 matches so far this season and that's an admirable record, not a reason to laugh at him.

Not laughing at him general i.m a big fan by the way...its more what people were saying what a ringer guest he was in last year final and how he  was bound to score double figures at Foxhall ...your correct hes a 7 point man 

1 hour ago, Wobblywheel said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but what the heck is wrong with Janowski?

Nothing...it was he is these days. . Been been on the down grade for some time 

On 4/19/2024 at 12:06 AM, orion said:

Harris 4  lol.  Remember what people saying about what he would do at Foxhall v Ipswich last  last year the final and will always score over ten etc lol

Yes, that’s because in the last three seasons he’s failed to score double figures on three occasions in his last eight visits, but two of those three were paid double figures. 

21 hours ago, orion said:

You would think wet conditions would suit Chris Harris than any other rider. Just remember all the stick  i got saying that Harris would not score well  v a decent ippo side.at Foxhall   ..Magic looking great as well i see. Saying all that if Tungate had have showed up they might have won.

You got stick because despite being presented with the facts that totally went against your argument, you decided to stick your fingers in your ears and die on that hill which made you look stupid. 

17 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Harris was his normal foxhall self. 

Last three seasons at Foxhall

7+1

9+2

11+1

9+1

14+1

14+1

12+2

10+3

Why do people just blatantly Lie? I’d say Thursdays poor performance was very much UNLIKE Harris’ “usual Foxhall self” from recent history. 

16 hours ago, orion said:

Not laughing at him general i.m a big fan by the way...its more what people were saying what a ringer guest he was in last year final and how he  was bound to score double figures at Foxhall ...your correct hes a 7 point man 

Again, that’s because in recent years he’s scored double figures there more often than he hasn’t. It really isn’t difficult to understand is it, Orion? Well for some people it clearly is!

• Like 3

Tbh Thursday they prepared the track slicker anticipating the rain that came, bomber never been a gater and a slick track rider has he, last couple seasons he’s been pretty good at Foxhall, his worst season like a lot riders was the one he actually rode for us - probably those couple of years were the worst in his career tho been significantly better again recently.

Way back when him and KK won the pairs at Foxhall for Coventry too so he’s had good nights at Foxhall throughout his career

6 hours ago, Aries said:

Yes, that’s because in the last three seasons he’s failed to score double figures on three occasions in his last eight visits, but two of those three were paid double figures. 

You got stick because despite being presented with the facts that totally went against your argument, you decided to stick your fingers in your ears and die on that hill which made you look stupid. 

Last three seasons at Foxhall

7+1

9+2

11+1

9+1

14+1

14+1

12+2

10+3

Why do people just blatantly Lie? I’d say Thursdays poor performance was very much UNLIKE Harris’ “usual Foxhall self” from recent history. 

Again, that’s because in recent years he’s scored double figures there more often than he hasn’t. It really isn’t difficult to understand is it, Orion? Well for some people it clearly is!

The debate was can Harris score in double figures in a heat leader role in a final v a this decent Ipswich side .. so we are worried about last year stats . 12 + 2 was a good meeting but he was at 4 and 10 +3 was riding  for  Ippo  . The bottom line in my opinion that he would have only  scored 6 or 7 in that final in a heat leader role  not the stupid scores you and others were going on about . So pure logic nothing to do with putting fingers in ears etc . Sadly we never got the chance to see who was right .

Of  course the next port of call was you  to go  crazy because i said  don't rate Oxford and said that Magic was on the downgrade and not a No 1 and they would come unstuck in heats  13 -15   ... Thou its early that's  looking pretty spot on . No doubt if this trend carries on you will  be  sticking your fingers in your ears or getting angry as normal  . 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1