British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

31 minutes ago, chun said:

they need to close this loophole by including scores from the guest bookings to count toward his rolling average?

And also R Lambert for the last two years if there's to be equity.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

And also R Lambert for the last two years if there's to be equity.

lambert, or any other playoff mercenary, should come at a premium on their fair rolling average

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

They changed the rules to allow more guests.

I guess because the fans all love guests?

Scott and Bomber had several blank dates in their calendar.....:D

Sure i read it somewhere that a 28 day contract doesn't count towards his average same as guesting hence why he had a month at Wolves last season and then stepped in at Birmingham at the start of this season and still retains the same average regardless of his scores

2 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Sure i read it somewhere that a 28 day contract doesn't count towards his average same as guesting hence why he had a month at Wolves last season and then stepped in at Birmingham at the start of this season and still retains the same average regardless of his scores

Nah, a 28 day replacement does count for averages, Nicholls will get a new average in May. Last year he only guested for Wolves, so didn't affect his average.

14 hours ago, Badge said:

Lol this will be our 3rd home meeting and Scott will have ridden in them all 

Seriously devalues the product as a sporting contest

Farcical situation

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Farcical situation

Not really sure why they've started dishing out guests for second strings, that's what R/R is for I'd have thought.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Farcical situation

Great to see the old boys whipping the young 'uns sometimes :D

6 hours ago, chun said:

they need to close this loophole by including scores from the guest bookings to count toward his rolling average?

And get riders taking guest bookings and scoring nothing so it then lowers their average? That would be a daft idea.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Najjer said:

And get riders taking guest bookings and scoring nothing so it then lowers their average? That would be a daft idea.

would they not earn any money then

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not really sure why they've started dishing out guests for second strings, that's what R/R is for I'd have thought.

I think it's because Leicester were weakened last year when Morris got banned & they had to use r/r. 

Then at the AGM the other promoters probably thought "that could happen to me" so they voted for more guests allowed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think it's because Leicester were weakened last year when Morris got banned & they had to use r/r. 

Then at the AGM the other promoters probably thought "that could happen to me" so they voted for more guests allowed.

That seems bonkers. Losing a rider because of injury or whatever reason should inevitably make your team weaker, that is the reality of it. 

Unfortunately they have now created a scenario where not only are you no longer weaker but you are actually far stronger. When riding at home with no logical reason using maths and statistics, you can get a guest with a higher percentage average than the missing rider. We now even have a scenario at Oxford where they’ve sacked and replaced a rider in Klindt, for Riss whilst keeping an injured rider in the side. There is no way that the league should of accepted that redecoration and the use of guests like Nicholls now.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That seems bonkers. Losing a rider because of injury or whatever reason should inevitably make your team weaker, that is the reality of it. 

Unfortunately they have now created a scenario where not only are you no longer weaker but you are actually far stronger. When riding at home with no logical reason using maths and statistics, you can get a guest with a higher percentage average than the missing rider. We now even have a scenario at Oxford where they’ve sacked and replaced a rider in Klindt, for Riss whilst keeping an injured rider in the side. There is no way that the league should of accepted that redecoration and the use of guests like Nicholls now.

Totally agree - completely ridiculous to be able make this change and still use a guest

It seems to be one step forward and two back in the attempt to get the sport back from the brink when something like this is allowed to happen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

That's the problem with many speedway promoters / fans etc. They act like if you are weakened by injury that's a disaster & shouldn't be allowed. To me that should be expected & accepted.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

We now even have a scenario at Oxford where they’ve sacked and replaced a rider in Klindt, for Riss whilst keeping an injured rider in the side. There is no way that the league should of accepted that redecoration and the use of guests like Nicholls now.

As Riss could replace Kerr, meaning Oxford would no longer need a guest, I would support a ruling where Oxford were not allowed to drop Klindt & still use a guest for Kerr.

• Like 2

Sheffield's scandalous use of guests in the final last year spring to mind.  Etheridge for Vissing (who barely rode before getting injured) basically won them the league:

6. Jye Etheridge (G) - 3, 1, 0, 2', 3 = 9+1

• Like 1