British Speedway Forum

Aces/Stars

Aces to hit 50+ and secure bonus point only problem will be the weather up to now forecast is grim on met office website showers all day & night sadly let's hope it changes :t:

I predicted 49-41 home win on the Pride Of The East podcast so I'm sticking with that, we traditionally go well at the NSS but BV are a fine side and should win the meeting fairly comfortably.

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I predicted 49-41 home win on the Pride Of The East podcast so I'm sticking with that, we traditionally go well at the NSS but BV are a fine side and should win the meeting fairly comfortably.

iversen loves the place always rides well there !!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Having won away, Belle Vue only need to get to 46 points & I can't see them failing that.

Every other day of next week fine & dry typical :rolleyes:

Belle Vue is now off 

MEETING OFF - BELLE VUE V KING'S LYNN Unfortunately, Belle Vue Speedway has taken the regrettable decision to postpone tomorrow's Premiership fixture against King's Lynn due to forecasted substantial rainfall and strong winds during the race time period. 

The club has given every chance and opportunity for this to change, however we have unfortunately seen no improvements in the forecast. 

Supporters who have pre-booked tickets have a number of options available to them, which are listed under our Abandonment Policy that can be viewed here:

https://www.bellevue-speedway.com/abandonment-policy

The re-stage date is provisionally set for May 20.

If you purchased Race Day Hospitality for April 15, your booking will been automatically rolled over to the re-staging date.

If you are unable to attend the new meeting date, please get in touch with the club at info@bellevue-speedway.com to request a refund.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

After a band of heavy rain at 5am I can only see a forecast of showers (in April! Who would have thunk it?) seems a postponement is it premature to me.

Also 50 mph winds  being Mr negative again  I see:wink:

4 minutes ago, Neila said:

Also 50 mph winds  being Mr negative again  I see:wink:

Nothing negative in wanting to see a meeting on... I know how much you northern softies (northern Nancy's?) are frit of the weather though :D

The forecast does seem to have changed since I last looked at it earlier this afternoon though with a big blob of weather now due at 7pm

Edited by iainb

Just now, iainb said:

Nothing negative in trying to get a meeting on... I know how much you northern softies are frit of the weather though :D

Better calling a meeting off early to minimise costs, than calling off at 18.30 when it's unsafe to ride a motorbike in 50mph winds and everyone needs paid without the fans bring allowed in the stadium,  do you  understand health and safety requirements  ?

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can you explain them to me please?

It's a nightmare each local area have their own requirements for keeping people safe in stadiums , and if high winds are forecast,  as tomorrow that adds an extra level of risk, think 30 mph is a standard risk so 50 mph will be classed as high risk, so if you were the elf and safety man what decision would you take ?  If anything went wrong it's your name on the safety risk sign off sheet then you are fully responsible 

Just now, Neila said:

It's a nightmare each local area have their own requirements for keeping people safe in stadiums , and if high winds are forecast,  as tomorrow that adds an extra level of risk, think 30 mph is a standard risk so 50 mph will be classed as high risk, so if you were the elf and safety man what decision would you take ?  If anything went wrong it's your name on the safety risk sign off sheet then you are fully responsible 

I don't know, I'd have to see if there were any regs and what they were, what are they in Manchester? You better give Birmingham a call and tell them to call their meeting off too!

By the way before you think it's bulls##t I've done an IOSH health and safety exam covering heavy engineering,  but to keep people interested the guy touched on football / stadium rules to show how complex things are :rolleyes:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, iainb said:

Nothing negative in wanting to see a meeting on... I know how much you northern softies (northern Nancy's?) are frit of the weather though :D

The forecast does seem to have changed since I last looked at it earlier this afternoon though with a big blob of weather now due at 7pm

Your edited post now shows how correct belle Vue are in calling off the meeting tomorrow.  Are you gonna acknowledge the fact ?  Or just be Mr negative 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neila said:

Your edited post now shows how correct belle Vue are in calling off the meeting tomorrow.  Are you gonna acknowledge the fact ?  Or just be Mr negative 

Now look Northern Nancy Neila, I've seen an updated forecast, and can now see why they've cancelled it, still a bit early for my liking, 26 hours before tapes up. But you seem determined to have a scrap with me by coming on here calling me Mr Negative like some crazed adolescent school boy. 

Now I want you to do 100 lines, "I must stop being an overly aggressive Northern Nancy Boy"... and type it out, no copying and pasting!

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Neila said:

By the way before you think it's bulls##t I've done an IOSH health and safety exam covering heavy engineering,  but to keep people interested the guy touched on football / stadium rules to show how complex things are :rolleyes:

It's ok neila he's probably still suffering the after effects of the defeat last Thursday and someone has to take the brunt.

• Haha 1

Yet again another pre-emptive call off looks to be entirely correct - foul weather on the 'right' side of the Pennines which means its normally made its way over the snake! Fixtures already backing up tho!