British Speedway Forum

Lions v tigers 11/4/24

The reserves are a great worry at Leicester tonight they were at home racing against possibly one the weaker pairings.

Drew Kemp won one race and then nothing and Joe Thompson beat the rising star then a gift point from a 3 rider race both so far have simply not been good enough.

Options are limited especially with RS position, No6 there is some potential options and may be unfair to look at a double move with a new reserve and rider in 1-5 .

The question being how long do you give it ? Will not be any easier next week against Belle Vue 

• Like 1

I thought it was a cracking meeting from where I was standing. There was passing for sure. It was a real shame we lost in the last heat. Fair play to Sheffield they have a cracking side. There wasn't much confidence going into this from the supporters I had spoken too, there were.a few grumblings saying changes need to made etc. Problem is expectation has risen at Leicester ever since we moved leagues and the team we've put together is should be doing better. Even though I enjoyed the meeting we really do need to win at home. Couldn't care less what happens away but winning at home is a must. So far we've one once and that wasn't convincing either. I don't think I'd make changes yet to the side, the top 5 could all still click yet and Dickson will be more patient unlike last year. Well done to the bend 2 army that were making some noise as per usual, although they only seem to sing when there winning lol. 

Edited by FishersGate
Spelling

8 hours ago, TTT said:

Combine the two and Leicester are better off.

Sedgmen or Riss at reserve easily gets Double the amount of point than Kemp would.

Then whoever's at 2 would only need to get 4 or 5 a meeting considering the numbers Masters is putting up.

I'll agree they might score more as a pair, but don't think it's a certainty they will. If you want to strengthen up the reserves, I'd make a single change, drop Kemp for Vissing, Etheridge or Thomson, so you don't habe to drop a top 5 rider.

Although I would give Kemp more time first.

To early for changes in my opinion, I'm confident the top 5 will come good and once click is a solid unit. Reserves I with others agree need to be holding there own especially at home. Think Kemp will turn it around Joe seems a little out his depth at this level no criticism just maybe a jump to far at present in his career. I would only make the 1 change but give it a few more meetings. as the city say KEEP THE FAITH Lions fans.

Fully expecting to see a post by Artem Laguta's "agent" anytime soon! 

Seeing Dan Thompson's scores must be like being haunted by a ghost. Feel sorry for Drew Kemp, but it's dog eat dog at no.6

• Like 1

Yes it's hard on Kemp, but if he can't cut the mustard after another month, his place must be looked at. Will be interesting to see how the new Finn at Workington performs

1 hour ago, Cross Roads said:

To early for changes in my opinion, I'm confident the top 5 will come good and once click is a solid unit. Reserves I with others agree need to be holding there own especially at home. Think Kemp will turn it around Joe seems a little out his depth at this level no criticism just maybe a jump to far at present in his career. I would only make the 1 change but give it a few more meetings. as the city say KEEP THE FAITH Lions fans.

I'm hoping we see an improvement from Joe when he has done a few Championship meetings with Plymouth and perhaps gained some confidence. It's a shame that Plymouth haven't been able to have any meetings so far because of the weather.

17 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I'm hoping we see an improvement from Joe when he has done a few Championship meetings with Plymouth and perhaps gained some confidence. It's a shame that Plymouth haven't been able to have any meetings so far because of the weather.

Good point it's been very unfortunate for him to not have that level of competition yet when he badly needs it. Can't really be learning much at NDL level any more

4 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Good point it's been very unfortunate for him to not have that level of competition yet when he badly needs it. Can't really be learning much at NDL level any more

He is at Scunthorpe with the Gladiators tonight. It's a track he knows well so it will be interesting to see how he goes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cross Roads said:

Who would you bring in it you did decide to make a change? Atkins, Hagon, Killeen? Not a lot of options & would they do any better than Joe. 

Joe T & Boughen may both be "out of their depth" in the Prem, but they could also be the best options?

27 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Joe apparently had a nasty crash last night. If he isn’t fit for the Lions at Brum on Monday, what are the options to cover for an absent RS?

A guest from the rs list, his ma must be the same or lower than the rs he is replacing. 

He can not be attached to another prem club.

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Joe apparently had a nasty crash last night. If he isn’t fit for the Lions at Brum on Monday, what are the options to cover for an absent RS?

Based on early season form Sam Hagon could be the best choice if Joe isn't fit