British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 12/424 @7.30

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Rules went out the window on that one. Helmet wasn’t checked or nothing. Which I believe we did complain about.

Re the helmet situation didn’t Harris ride at Oxford the previous night? I’m assuming his erm helmet would’ve been checked then? He didn’t fall during the meeting so surely it should be safe and sound the following evening. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I loved it, but I’m not going to lie, I’m suspicious. I want to believe it, but the sceptic in me is screaming ”gullible”.

Harris’ delays were relayed to me, and others, several times by multiple different people associated with the club. I’m not sure if that was strategic.

The timing of his arrival was Hollywood-like. Nothing short of spectacular, if it played-out naturally.

Having said that, why would Edinburgh agree to play along with Glasgow’s orchestrated drama? They wouldn’t.

I’m 75% sure it was real, but 25% suspicious it was a set-up.

Either way, what a situation. Brilliant.

Was 100% true he was stuck on the m6 and was in constant contact with management wasn’t dew till 8pm according to his sat nav but his driver managed to make up a good bit of time Ace piper was ready to take his ride after he was excluded with the 2 minute rule but made it on perfect time thanks to the Edinburgh management and referee for allowing the extra time and steve Worrall for having his spare bike ready and waiting 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Was 100% true he was stuck on the m6 and was in constant contact with management wasn’t dew till 8pm according to his sat nav but his driver managed to make up a good bit of time Ace piper was ready to take his ride after he was excluded with the 2 minute rule but made it on perfect time thanks to the Edinburgh management and referee for allowing the extra time and steve Worrall for having his spare bike ready and waiting 

Brilliant. What a guy.

8 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

multiple delays on m6 yesterday

ask any wagon drivers heading north the hassle they had

i now 1 that set off middle of night heading to cumbria from wales 7 detours or delays  

Overturned lorry at Shap M6 was closed coming North.Chaos!

10 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

What happened with Pijper and Coles?

I didn’t have a great view, but definitely expected Pijper’s exclusion light to come on, so was pleasantly surprised when it was Coles’.

I also heard the announcer mention handbags, but didn’t see anything.

He rode right into the side of Coles going for a gap that didn’t exist. 

don’t think Connor took to kindly to it especially coming back from a bad injury and this early into the season. Was just a little shove between him and a Glasgow member of staff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

What happened with Pijper and Coles?

I didn’t have a great view, but definitely expected Pijper’s exclusion light to come on, so was pleasantly surprised when it was Coles’.

I also heard the announcer mention handbags, but didn’t see anything.

Max squeezez Ace, who in turn squeezed Connor. It was a simple case of not enough room for three. Connor was slightly behind the other two and closest to the fence. He didn’t do much wrong but ran out of room, and by then, the ref couldn’t really put all four back in.

Connor wasn’t happy, but Ace was never going to turn the throttle off and let a guy pass him on the outside. 

• Like 3

We, Billy Budd racing were heading up for our meeting afterwards (NJL) we set off at midday instead of 1pm as usual, got to junction 38 by 2.30 after usual delays around Blackpool and on, then completely stopped for 4 hours 30, managed to get past tebay services and it was chaotic, cars and lorries breaking down etc, we made a manoeuvre which was not really allowed a mile from junction and got back southbound arriving back in Chester at 8.40, so anyone who suspected it was pantomime with bomber is cocking a blind one, I was told at 3pm he was ahead of us and trying to get through as we were relaying our position 

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

He rode right into the side of Coles going for a gap that didn’t exist. 

don’t think Connor took to kindly to it especially coming back from a bad injury and this early into the season. Was just a little shove between him and a Glasgow member of staff. 

Where in the stadium were you standing as from we’re I stood it was impossible to tell if there was any contact or not.

I was on the home straight just after the 4th bend.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Where in the stadium were you standing as from we’re I stood it was impossible to tell if there was any contact or not.

I was on the home straight just after the 4th bend.

On the back straight close to the 3rd bend had a cracking angle of it. Could see what happened coming a mile off. 

47 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

On the back straight close to the 3rd bend had a cracking angle of it. Could see what happened coming a mile off. 

Edited by Gazc

5 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I loved it, but I’m not going to lie, I’m suspicious. I want to believe it, but the sceptic in me is screaming ”gullible”.

Harris’ delays were relayed to me, and others, several times by multiple different people associated with the club. I’m not sure if that was strategic.

The timing of his arrival was Hollywood-like. Nothing short of spectacular, if it played-out naturally.

Having said that, why would Edinburgh agree to play along with Glasgow’s orchestrated drama? They wouldn’t.

I’m 75% sure it was real, but 25% suspicious it was a set-up.

Either way, what a situation. Brilliant.

Not that brilliant. If you didn't wait for him then you would have got a result. So his entrance was pretty pointless in the end! 

Ace does seem to upset some of the other riders it seems. Ashton last season and now Coles. Wonder who will be next? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not that brilliant. If you didn't wait for him then you would have got a result. So his entrance was pretty pointless in the end! 

Ace does seem to upset some of the other riders it seems. Ashton last season and now Coles. Wonder who will be next? 

It’s a hard sport if you can’t be competitive then what’s the point ffs.

Who cares who he upsets I’m sure Ace won’t who will be next is a bit of a tasteless comment aimed towards a young kid.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If we didn’t wait for him, he wouldn’t have joined Pearson for a 5-1. Edinburgh would subsequently have entered heat one as the stronger pairing; a positive result might have set the tone for the rest of the meeting. How many ”ifs” are we talking here, Lisa? If my gran had wheels, she’d be a bike.

Pijper has received criticism because he rides full-hearted and in doing so, races hard. Andre Compton, Jan Pedersen and Tomasz Gollob used to do it. Pijper’s doing it at 17 years-old though, so he’s getting nothing but credit from me.

The way his dad is by his side the second he’s in need is one of the most endearing things I’ve saw at the speedway.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It’s a hard sport if you can’t be competitive then what’s the point ffs.

Who cares who he upsets I’m sure Ace won’t who will be next is a bit of a tasteless comment aimed towards a young kid.

Not really. Just wondering why he upsets other riders? If it is just racing incidents there wouldn't be an issue, as still learning? 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really. Just wondering why he upsets other riders? If it is just racing incidents there wouldn't be an issue, as still learning? 

Maybe because they're still kids and the dummy comes out of the pram a lot easier at their age? Although, I'll admit,  Coles is no kid

Edited by iainb

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ace doesn't upset other riders as far as I see. Ashton hasn't endeared himself to everyone (although they do seem to have some kind of extra personal beef with each other), so I wouldn't read too much into that, and I'm genuinely not sure why Connor took exception last night. There wasn't a lot in it.

Ace isn't the Glasgow rider I'd be worried about upsetting others :D

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Who cares who he upsets , without seeing last nights incident you have drawn your conclusion and came up with let’s be honest a pile off Sh!te against a 17 year old.

McGregor seen fit to exclude Cole’s as the primary cause as Ace had already passed Cole’s perhaps just perhaps Cole’s spat the dummy whilst the red mist descended.

• Like 2