British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 12/424 @7.30

51 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Also, no words for Chris Harris. Wow.

Sam Hagon looked very good. What’s the script with him? Is he of Hagon Shocks pedigree? That equipment looked pristine.

Flint’s needing to get his finger out. That was poor. Your third heat leader can’t be getting passed like that at home.

Leon likes a bit of dirt, track was slick due to weather, the lad needs track time. He's come to Glasgow to try and press forward in his career so he deserves a chance to find his feet then push on.

Get behind riders and not on their backs, look at last season when many had written off both Pijpper & Complin at the start of the season, yet both played major parts in Glasgows success last season. Nothing has ever been won at the start of the season, let the team grow then see where we're at come the time to kick up a gear.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TracksideView said:

Leon likes a bit of dirt, track was slick due to weather, the lad needs track time. He's come to Glasgow to try and press forward in his career so he deserves a chance to find his feet then push on.

Get behind riders and not on their backs, look at last season when many had written off both Pijpper & Complin at the start of the season, yet both played major parts in Glasgows success last season. Nothing has ever been won at the start of the season, let the team grow then see where we're at come the time to kick up a gear.

I’m merely making observations.

Flint started very well at Shielfield, then conceded a 5-1 to one of Berwick‘s reserves and finished dead last in the final heat, guaranteeing defeat which he celebrated with a wheelie.

I’m by no means writing him off - absolutely not - but being tee’d up, then passed on the line by Fredriksen this evening was worth noting.

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment that nothing is won at the beginning of the season, but this is a competitive sport and observations, both in positive and negative nature, are part and parcel of that.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

All meetings have to start no later than 15 minutes after advertised start time,did anyone check if harris had his license with him before he went out??,was it a scottish ref tonight??

Rules went out the window on that one. Helmet wasn’t checked or nothing. Which I believe we did complain about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not sure on rulings but Harris helmet not checked before the race as he’s just jumped onto the bike and away.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Helmet wasn’t checked or nothing.

You seem obsessed with men's helmets!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Would any of these helmet complaints made a blind bit of difference to the meeting getting rained off... No. The clerk of course would've asked the ref to cancel 2 minutes this delaying the meeting further. Bomber would probably still got the 5-1 off 15m for that matter. So it's all bluster for the sake of bluster. But given whose leading it should we be surprised 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TracksideView said:

Agree with what you say, no one is getting on his back but merely observing. Perhaps its a cultural difference but any meeting against the 0131 especially at home requires full gusto, its not a cosy derby against the team just over the border. I'm sure Leon will come good in time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Anyone got the heat times from last night

2 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Anyone got the heat times from last night

1: 58.78  2: 59.79  3: 59.68  4: 59.51  5: 59.83  6: 60.89

Good little bit of drama sprinkled on to the meeting with Harris pitching up late but sadly the weather wins again.

Was it a staged “James bond” scene  with Harris waiting along the road & the camera watching conveniently & positioned  with Harris jumping out the side door & onto the bike then riding to a win (not quite)

Or was it because there was a large crowd & the meeting got held up for 15mins  & Harris was held up also in the traffic  on the motorway? 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Would any of these helmet complaints made a blind bit of difference to the meeting getting rained off... No. The clerk of course would've asked the ref to cancel 2 minutes this delaying the meeting further. Bomber would probably still got the 5-1 off 15m for that matter. So it's all bluster for the sake of bluster. But given whose leading it should we be surprised 

What is the point of checking a helmet - to make sure it's safe I assume? So what if Harris fell & suffered a head injury, then his insurance found out it wasn't checked out pre-meeting, so refuse to pay out. Then the council finds out Glasgow allowed him to race without his helmet being checked & remove their license to host Speedway. Then Chris sues the promotion & referee for allowing him to race in that scenario?

I know these are extreme examples & he didn't crash, just pointing out H&S rules are there for a reason.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Diablo said:

Good little bit of drama sprinkled on to the meeting with Harris pitching up late but sadly the weather wins again.

Was it a staged “James bond” scene  with Harris waiting along the road & the camera watching conveniently & positioned  with Harris jumping out the side door & onto the bike then riding to a win (not quite)

Or was it because there was a large crowd & the meeting got held up for 15mins  & Harris was held up also in the traffic  on the motorway? 

Chris has said on his page that it wasn’t a set up…….

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Does it matter, if the track was available & riders wanted to practice, are you really gonna say no because you think Edinburgh are weak?

I think you should ask Blobby that not me, more than likely the video was from the P&P.

No way I’m witnessing this helmet chat.:lol:

What age are we? Honestly, come on. Can’t we just assume that Chris Harris has handled enough helmets - the Bishop said to the maid - to know how to put one on while adhering to SCB standards?

If I’m an Edinburgh fan, my focus isn’t on finding an excuse; it’s wondering how my number one, ”Joshie”, has just been smoked by a guy who’s jumped out a van 60 seconds earlier.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

I think you should ask Blobby that not me, more than likely the video was from the P&P.

The post literally said, conditions are great at Ashfield with the riders getting in extra practice. For what it's worth I couldn't care less if a team has a practice on the track before the meeting, conditions can probably be quite different from the afternoon to evening so setups could be quite different.

2 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

No way I’m witnessing this helmet chat.:lol:

What age are we? Honestly, come on. Can’t we just assume that Chris Harris has handled enough helmets - the Bishop said to the maid - to know how to put one on while adhering to SCB standards?

If I’m an Edinburgh fan, my focus isn’t on finding an excuse; it’s wondering how my number one, ”Joshie”, has just been smoked by a guy who’s jumped out a van 60 seconds earlier.

Because he's an even worse gater than Bomber a lot of the time.

2 hours ago, Diablo said:

I loved it, but I’m not going to lie, I’m suspicious. I want to believe it, but the sceptic in me is screaming ”gullible”.

Harris’ delays were relayed to me, and others, several times by multiple different people associated with the club. I’m not sure if that was strategic.

The timing of his arrival was Hollywood-like. Nothing short of spectacular, if it played-out naturally.

Having said that, why would Edinburgh agree to play along with Glasgow’s orchestrated drama? They wouldn’t.

I’m 75% sure it was real, but 25% suspicious it was a set-up.

Either way, what a situation. Brilliant.