British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Ipswich

First visit to Cowley for me and the family for this one. Plenty of ex Rebels (Somerset variety that is not Oxford or White City ones!) on track to see plus Emil, looking forward to a good meeting.

Oxford are facing Ipswich at the wrong time imo.

Ipswich have started well and they're getting race winners from every position in the side, Dan Thompson has started the season on fire.

Magic and Klindt are still finding their feet this season so I can only see a narrow away win.

Ipswich 47-43

That was a top night. Big crowd and a great meeting. Passing in most races. You can see why Woffy praised the track, smooth as you like. Made me feel even more gutted about the demise of my own team but its good to see Oxford doing so well. If only we had top league local derbies to look forward to. Nice to see a Swindon number 1 wrap the points up against Oxford though!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

That was a top night. Big crowd and a great meeting. Passing in most races. You can see why Woffy praised the track, smooth as you like. Made me feel even more gutted about the demise of my own team but its good to see Oxford doing so well. If only we had top league local derbies to look forward to. Nice to see a Swindon number 1 wrap the points up against Oxford though!!!

Agree with most of that, and enjoyed seeing JD again pure class.Speedway the winner there I think.

• Like 2