British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Glasgow 5/4/24

14 minutes ago, MD said:

Not a single pass in the first 7 heats of the meeting. If only we could make a gate, the odds would be 99% on winning the heat.

There only seems to be one racing line on bends 3 and 4. Hopefully that will change soon

Those passes by Paco in 14 were breathtaking. I've got to admit the Monarchs simply wanted this more tonight. The Tigers were stale and didn't approach this track very well at all. I don't recall seeing a single Tiger make a pass tonight.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Hard to predict this one.Head says Edinburgh should win,but so many unpredictable riders on show you never know.

Will Paco turn up before Ht 14 is the question for me,and who will win the battle of the reserves.?

think you's will edge it in the reserve department i have no faith in smith and piper will try hard but i dont think its his type of tracke is getting there but should not be put under the pressure he is with smith who is ment to be the experienced reserve 

6 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Those passes by Paco in 14 were breathtaking. I've got to admit the Monarchs simply wanted this more tonight. The Tigers were stale and didn't approach this track very well at all. I don't recall seeing a single Tiger make a pass tonight.

I have no idea how you can watch that and refer to anything as breathtaking. Maybe I am just conditioned to Glasgow now but the ‘racing’ was non existent. That track reduces most riders to look like wobblers just struggling round.

• Like 1

Edinburgh's mechanical issues saved us from a doing. 50 -39 has the face of respectability but its far from that. Broon summed it up in his comments after ht14 but FFS how did this team come to be put together by choice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

I have no idea how you can watch that and refer to anything as breathtaking. Maybe I am just conditioned to Glasgow now but the ‘racing’ was non existent. That track reduces most riders to look like wobblers just struggling round.

Are you okay mate? 

47 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

So you didn't stay for heats 13, 14 and 15 then?

Edited by Nickinho

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Hard to predict this one.Head says Edinburgh should win,but so many unpredictable riders on show you never know.

Will Paco turn up before Ht 14 is the question for me,and who will win the battle of the reserves.?

Well Paco turn up from the start and Hey Presto it makes the difference.By all accounts Glasgow were poor.

Flint like Worrell can only win if he gates and gets down the back straight in front.Maintaining his average but not winning important heats when the pressure is on.

It’s Definately the least exciting Tigers Team for while.

Well done to Monarchs.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Flint like Worrell can only win if he gates and gets down the back straight in front.Maintaining his average but not winning important heats when the pressure is on.

Vissing is very much missed right now although he wouldn't have affected the result tonight. It's the manager. He couldn't fail last year after Tarasenko came in (although he came very close to fumbling the ball against Oxford). 

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Vissing is very much missed right now although he wouldn't have affected the result tonight. It's the manager. He couldn't fail last year after Tarasenko came in (although he came very close to fumbling the ball against Oxford). 

Basso even more.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Get over yourself. The track and racing snobbery from a select few from the West is tiresome. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Is there a reason Cami Brown stays as manager? Genuine question. Does he have a financial stake for example?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

It takes riders “to race”.Tiger have normally got Harris .Then who!