British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Glasgow 5/4/24

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Is there a reason Cami Brown stays as manager? Genuine question. Does he have a financial stake for example?

His company is or was a major sponsor I believe,  so it's buy a job then , let my company sponsor you then I can be team manager 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Would like to think we should score 46 minimum but you never know what you’re going to get with this lot of late.

Never a truer word spoken. Paco great tonight so I give credit where it is due. So what was different against Plymouth and at Oxford.

Felt for Lasse and young Max tonight, deserved more..

Thought Ace would have gone better for Tigers. Seems to be going through a rough patch. 

Made my night seeing Cookie back at the Dale in the blue and gold. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, alta said:

Genuine question for the sages on here. Could the Tigers be looking like bottom 3 side

I think we'll be fighting for the wooden spoon with Redcar.

Only rider that looked like he was fighting every heat for his points was Leon.

Unless there's a major reshuffle I don't think one for oneing any rider will make any great difference.

Maybe the majority Brit team building strategy wasnt the way ahead.

31 minutes ago, MD said:

We need CabDirect to help us out with a few taxis on one way hires. On the plus side Starkey never had an EF tonight.

Heard he had a blow up today trying an engine he bought from another rider.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There does seem a lot of “chain shedding or breaking” this season for some reason.

There’s a lot of crap stuff going about inferior metals in chains there was a bad batch of main bearing and engines were blowing bottom ends after 3/4 meetings also 

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Vissing is very much missed right now although he wouldn't have affected the result tonight. It's the manager. He couldn't fail last year after Tarasenko came in (although he came very close to fumbling the ball against Oxford). 

i have a feeling Vissing would fit right into the Glasgow team at this moment in time , underperforming and  really pish as you put it . seems to well in the red n white suits / u can have him , he is not worth a team spot @ worky .

come on claus , prove me wrong .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There does seem a lot of “chain shedding or breaking” this season for some reason.

CHINA !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SilentLurker said:

I have no idea how you can watch that and refer to anything as breathtaking. Maybe I am just conditioned to Glasgow now but the ‘racing’ was non existent. That track reduces most riders to look like wobblers just struggling round.

I couldn’t agree more; that was a painfully poor evening of ‘racing’.

My mate noticed that the first pass took place in heat six and it was Jack Smith passing Fredriksen who had an engine failure.

Don’t get me wrong, Cook and Castagna’s dives up the inside in heats 13 and 14 were impressive, but I recall one single pass after the first lap; Fredriksen on Smith in heat 8.

Massive congratulations to Edinburgh on a deserved victory and genuinely, all the best for the semi-finals, but Jesus Christ, that was a poor advert for speedway.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I couldn’t agree more; that was a painfully poor evening of ‘racing’.

My mate noticed that the first pass took place in heat six and it was Jack Smith passing Fredriksen who had an engine failure.

Don’t get me wrong, Cook and Castagna’s dives up the inside in heats 13 and 14 were impressive, but I recall one single pass after the first lap; Fredriksen on Smith in heat 8.

Massive congratulations to Edinburgh on a deserved victory and genuinely, all the best for the semi-finals, but Jesus Christ, that was a poor advert for speedway.

Takes two to tango, unfortunately yous were absolutely guff. 

I say unfortunately it’s no really. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

Probably should’ve been more, they got off lightly with a few mechanical issues, lasse didn’t have a great night. Don’t think kye was overly quick but didn’t really need to be. Vintage cookie in heat 13. 

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Takes two to tango, unfortunately yous were absolutely guff. 

I say unfortunately it’s no really. 

Agreed; Glasgow were poor, but your comment implies only one party (us) weren’t trying to make an entertaining evening of it which wasn’t the case.

95% of that meeting was follow the leader with not a single close finish. Very disappointing.

56 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Agreed; Glasgow were poor, but your comment implies only one party (us) weren’t trying to make an entertaining evening of it which wasn’t the case.

95% of that meeting was follow the leader with not a single close finish. Very disappointing.

Not implying you didn’t try I’m implying you were rubbish and not fast enough to catch an Edinburgh rider In front.

I had hoped these kind of Glasgow performances at Armadale were a thing of the past , but clearly not . 

We made Paco look like Armando and had it not been for mechanical issues the defeat would have been heavier . The last time that many chains broke there was when Ronnie Correy was the master of that happening . 

We looked a pale shadow of last seasons side , sooner play off Bomber returns the better , though I fear he won't be gracing the play offs this time .