British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Glasgow 5/4/24

13 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

AHH,sorry,thought it was a genuine dig.

You do realise this is a Speedway internet forum.  As Paulco says it is very much banter and we give and take all season with our friends from the East and anyone else such as Poole fans but mainly Edinburgh Moanarchs fans LOL

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

AHH,sorry,thought it was a genuine dig.

Depends how thick someone's skin is I suppose . You dish it out , you take it back , it's all good fun . It's why Scottish derbies are so special . We can poke fun at each other and have a drink together in the bar afterwards . 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, snapper said:

You do realise this is a Speedway internet forum.  As Paulco says it is very much banter and we give and take all season with our friends from the East and anyone else such as Poole fans but mainly Edinburgh Moanarchs fans LOL

Wot about your worky friends H18TORY and all that :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neila said:

Glad to have them back from isolation 

52 minutes ago, Neila said:

I went to Worky last Saturday and must say I loved the visit as this is a trip I had been missing the past few seasons.  It is a brilliant looking stadium if I had a minor complaint it is the fact that you cannot move around from the home straight and bends to the back straight and bends without having to go out of the stadium but it is great set up and look forward to seeing it improve as the season go on. 

3 minutes ago, snapper said:

I went to Worky last Saturday and must say I loved the visit as this is a trip I had been missing the past few seasons.  It is a brilliant looking stadium if I had a minor complaint it is the fact that you cannot move around from the home straight and bends to the back straight and bends without having to go out of the stadium but it is great set up and look forward to seeing it improve as the season go on. 

Should have went on Sunday there was a match on.

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, snapper said:

Yes the route to get to the 3rd/4th bends is not great, but I am reading that it is being solved this week. Probably allowing fans in the straight part and having gates when the bikes are going on or off the track between races.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Depends how thick someone's skin is I suppose . You dish it out , you take it back , it's all good fun . It's why Scottish derbies are so special . We can poke fun at each other and have a drink together in the bar afterwards . 

That's good to know...all friends on here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, snapper said:

its not a stadium .

6 hours ago, snapper said:

It will be better next year, as the 3rd 4th bend area is being filled in to carry on banking all round the GT tyres arena, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neila said:

It will be better next year, as the 3rd 4th bend area is being filled in to carry on banking all round the GT tyres arena, 

Does that mean the the riders will emerge from a tunnel to the track Neila ?

1 hour ago, 1Tsunami said:

Does that mean the the riders will emerge from a tunnel to the track Neila ?

You must be thinking about the 2nd bend where the pits are?

Will be able to walk around the whole Arena once it's filled in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marksman said:

You must be thinking about the 2nd bend where the pits are?

Will be able to walk around the whole Arena once it's filled in.

Yes I get that, but there must be an opening somewhere to get bikes and riders from the pits and on to the track.?

54 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Yes I get that, but there must be an opening somewhere to get bikes and riders from the pits and on to the track.?

A big gap now where the pits and pits gate are on bend 2, this area is by passed by the spectators to access bend 1 and starting straight you go out and round the back of the pits, but hopefully next year you will be able to walk round bend 3 + 4 to access starting straight and bend 1 +2 

20 minutes ago, Neila said:

A big gap now where the pits and pits gate are on bend 2, this area is by passed by the spectators to access bend 1 and starting straight you go out and round the back of the pits, but hopefully next year you will be able to walk round bend 3 + 4 to access starting straight and bend 1 +2 

So the complaint by many is why you can't go from bend 3 to bend 2 because of the pits access gap, and you have to go the long way around the back of the pits to reenter the track up the bank and the back of the second bend. Earlier  statements were 3rd and 4th bends were being filled in so you can walk around to the home straight so that raises the question how do they then access the track with the tractors from the 4th bend.. I find people complain more about not being able to go direct from the 3rd bend to the second bend without going around behind the pits. 

• Like 1