British Speedway Forum

Workington v Berwick Border Trophy 31/03/24 3pm

2 hours ago, Blue Groove said:

I know it's early days, but first impressions:

Claus - still got it

Tate and Antii - both excellent today even first time out, once they get settled in I'd expect them to be the heat leaders with Claus

Cook and Batchelor - best days are in the past but will still do a job

Celine and Sam - looking like the weak point, but let's give them a chance and see how they do against teams with similar level reserves.  Neither were going to challenge Hodder and Celine had a good second ride to beat Borke.

Would like to think there is life in Cookie yet, just seemed to lack that extra bit of speed today . I'm also hoping Batch can up his average. I believe Claus is a year older than both riders and Bomber 5 years older. It's whether they still love to win.

1 minute ago, SteelShoe said:

Would like to think there is life in Cookie yet, just seemed to lack that extra bit of speed today . I'm also hoping Batch can up his average. I believe Claus is a year older than both riders and Bomber 5 years older. It's whether they still love to win.

Considering a few saying Cook would jack as soon as got too much.He rode 2day with what looks like a broken thumb 

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Was Batchelor’s retirement in his last race his usual “can’t be arsed” if he’s not placed or was there a bonafide reason?

Not certain but your assumption looks credible. Never like to see this personally because the crowd want to see their riders race to the end.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Probably why sky don't have speedway anymore when the showing garbage like that

I thought Berwick were excellent last night , Workington not so much.

Workington will improve as the season progresses but Berwick are a level above them as it stands.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

With Cookie form is temporary but class is permanent he will hold his own , maybe not as the force he once was but still a capable heat leader.

Anytime I have seen Batchelor he is average at best and his antics at last season’s pairs were poor at best.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6

I don't think Workington have any worries over their top 5, sure Batchelor & Cook will have their off days, but so did the leagues top averaged rider Sam Masters at Poole.

It's at reserve where I see the Comets struggling. Hopefully they'll be able to win the majority of their home matches, but don't see many bonus points coming their way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Probably why sky don't have speedway anymore when the showing garbage like that

Just a small request, you don`t happen to have any pledge or Mr Sheen spare do you by any chance, it seems we have a trophy to polish, where as you don`t.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Was Batchelor’s retirement in his last race his usual “can’t be arsed” if he’s not placed or was there a bonafide reason?

Went to Worky today . Some fine racing.

i thought Batch looked as if he chucked it. In 2 previous races I thought he could have done a bit of team riding with Celena and Sam.

Berwick look a solid team and in my opinion could be in the mix for a play off spot. If all their riders get dialled in at home they will nigh on unbeatable there. A well balanced team.

Worky have got 2 great prospects in Tate and Anti.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Went to Worky today . Some fine racing.

i thought Batch looked as if he chucked it. In 2 previous races I thought he could have done a bit of team riding with Celena and Sam.

Berwick look a solid team and in my opinion could be in the mix for a play off spot. If all their riders get dialled in at home they will nigh on unbeatable there. A well balanced team.

Worky have got 2 great prospects in Tate and Anti.

Was there a decent crowd ? 

55 minutes ago, screm said:

Just a small request, you don`t happen to have any pledge or Mr Sheen spare do you by any chance, it seems we have a trophy to polish, where as you don`t.

Won't need much as it's only size of an egg cup :D enjoy the loan of it !!

• Haha 1

Some positives from today, Tate and antti both look like they are going to be good riders at this level, antti especially, cook and batch were cook and batch !! Claus was good both at Berwick and at home today, just leaves the 2 reserves, early days but looks weak, at least celina was on the pace today and had a couple of good races, hopefully they will improve in the next few weeks, A big positive was the racing at the GT tyres Northside arena was very good and the improvements are fantastic, well done to Andrew Bain and all his merry band of helpers. UTC

• Like 2