British Speedway Forum

Brummies v Tigers 25/3

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure the Birmingham riders got the memo about struggling! :D Although tbh perfect time to ride against Sheffield, they haven't really got going yet. 

Also good to read on speedway updates that they have got a big crowd in.  

Haven't got going yet? Its meeting number 2 for god sake. You really do bring it on yourself with your thick comments.

Birmingham doing well fair play and a big crowd in sounds good. Hopefully hold on for a win.

• Haha 1

Lack of top end strength showed sadly for Brummies but a last heat decider and a draw is much better than an opening night defat by 10 which is what most were predicting and I was (if I'm being honest) expecting.

21 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Yes… he has already  said that he could have made one more change at Oxford…. Cook for flint in heat 14 but as those of us in attendance debated, would that have knocked Leon’s confidence and remember that Leon had won his last race in heat 8 .
A hard call… we were doing far better than any of  us expected but, which way would you have gone? 
personally, I was happy to support whichever decision he made because there were pro’s snd cons either way and, he’d already shown he had the nouse and the bottle by dropping milik for Worrall in heat 13 

Flints win in ht 8 could be classed as fortunate, in the original staging when Wright came down, Boughen was well ahead. Cook was an obvious choice for heat 14.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, eric i said:

No leon for cook in heat 14, Sam is going to be annoying for Brummie fans.

Agree Flinty should have got heat 14 imo

46 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Haven't got going yet? Its meeting number 2 for god sake. You really do bring it on yourself with your thick comments.

Birmingham doing well fair play and a big crowd in sounds good. Hopefully hold on for a win.

Yeah exactly my point, thanks. So perfect time to have a meeting against them! Duh. Try reading before attacking, but I know that is asking a lot!! :blink:

Good effort from both teams on a gaters track, hence first and lasts, Woffy had some speed, way faster than anyone else, but got away with not sitting still at tapes3 times. Poor ref. Not sure about Miliks lay down in run off ht, think he saw out of control Jack launch across track who only stayed on by Scottys ability to stay upright when others would have fallen. A big call for the ref if Scott had of gone down as would not have been all four back. If Pawlicki can get 10 points and Lampart and Worrall a couple more points each Brum will hold their own at home

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Laguta wouldn't have gone missing in heat 13, 15 and super heat.

Might have gone missing with an ankle injury though? Or the sniffles? But not enough to stop him posting a run on Instagram!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now before the match, I think Birmingham would have been delighted with a point. But after leading by 10 points a couple of times, this has to be a major disappointment. 

Again the lack of changes by Ermolenko has to be discussed, now he didn't make any awful choices, but you have to question Lampart being left in heat 12, Brennan not being in heat 15, and then even after losing a 5-1 not being picked for the "stupid heat".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Now before the match, I think Birmingham would have been delighted with a point. But after leading by 10 points a couple of times, this has to be a major disappointment. 

Again the lack of changes by Ermolenko has to be discussed, now he didn't make any awful choices, but you have to question Lampart being left in heat 12, Brennan not being in heat 15, and then even after losing a 5-1 not being picked for the "stupid heat".

I'm never a fan of putting a number 2 in heat 15, it always feels like too long since they last rode.

• Thanks 1