British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Oxford Cheetahs BSN Good Friday

18 hours ago, therefused said:

He only scored five points, anyone would think he’s won a world title. 

The haters said he wouldn't get near to scoring 4 and first meeting too. So I would say that is a win. Only going to get better when used to the track imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

The haters said he wouldn't get near to scoring 4 and first meeting too. So I would say that is a win. Only going to get better when used to the track imo. 

He comes across as a really likeable guy. was joking with the track staff before meeting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Great start for Poole. Oxford may as well use the next three BSN matches to make sure they're ready for the league.

But hopefully they don't work it out before we meet them in the KO Cup.

Oxford can still qualify if 1) they get better results against Plymouth or 2) they qualify as best second place.

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Oxford can still qualify if 1) they get better results against Plymouth or 2) they qualify as best second place.

There will be a bonus point for the aggregate against Poole though, won't there? Anyway, good point about best second place. I hadn't thought of that.

19 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

There will be a bonus point for the aggregate against Poole though, won't there? Anyway, good point about best second place. I hadn't thought of that.

There will be a bonus point...but it's bound for Poole! Any home win against Poole and home and away wins against Plymouth would surely get them through as the best second placed team. 

8 minutes ago, Beirao said:

There will be a bonus point...but it's bound for Poole! Any home win against Poole and home and away wins against Plymouth would surely get them through as the best second placed team. 

Maybe Berwick might be in with a shout as well? I suspect the Northern group will duff each other up too much.

15 minutes ago, Beirao said:

I'm sure Poole will get the bonus point, but if Oxford win at Plymouth & Poole don't, then Oxford won the group.

Might not happen, just pointing out group isn't over yet.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Maybe Berwick might be in with a shout as well? I suspect the Northern group will duff each other up too much.

Workington and Plymouth look weaker than all the other teams,  so it seems likely that the best second placed team will come from either the Northern or Southern section. Away wins might be scarce in the Scottish group so the bonus points will be vital. Are you expecting Berwick to win by more at Shielfield than they'll lose by at Ashfield? I'm not.

UPDATE : I've may be jumped the gun in writing off Workington, who, after a poor start, are making a fist of it against Berwick this afternoon.  

Edited by Beirao

Again, as I said last year, the only clips you see on here is when Poole gate & go or they make passes. I can't remember any races of Ryan Douglas or the KOC v Scunthorpe last year. :nono:

There must be SOME races when the opposition pass Poole riders? B)

50 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Again, as I said last year, the only clips you see on here is when Poole gate & go or they make passes. I can't remember any races of Ryan Douglas or the KOC v Scunthorpe last year. :nono:

It never happens! :D

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

It's a Poole thread and the races are from Pirates TV. If you want something else try BSN.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Yeah, they are on the stream. If you want watch others pass Poole riders you have to pay for it :D

2 hours ago, lbw said:

It never happens! :D

Must have imagined Bomber doing it for fun in the play-off final , 

Need to check back to see if it was into double digits right enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That's so last year!!!:party:

Still prominent in the memory banks though.

Good night had by all , well maybe not all we did though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1