British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Oxford Cheetahs BSN Good Friday

58 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ouch what Lawson said! 

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep, no filter when it comes to talking about Plymouth! 

The funny thing is Craig Cook had similar words on Saturday :o

Hagen and Perry got better with every lap though we mustn’t expect too much from them. Tobias looked more confident than I expected and seems to think he will do a good job. Soon find out against opposition riders who know the Poole track very well. Roll on Friday night and let’s hope it’s a good entertaining opening meeting.

• Like 3

I've already attended the Peter Craven Memorial & Oxford vs Sheffield meetings but this is where the 2024 season starts!

After a season of travelling down on the good old National Express it's back on the train, strikes allowing.

After watching p&p I'm really up for Pirates vs Cheetahs BSN, can't wait.

Welcome to the Pirates newcomers in Brennan,Thomsen, Perry & Hagon. I'm sure you will do us proud.

Let's hope the rain holds off enough to get us off to a winning start.

C'mon the Pirates!

NID

Edited by lbw

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Oxford are going to be up there this year, I fancy them to run Poole very close at the least in this one. 

Considering we have four new riders, there won’t be a better opportunity for Oxford to get a result before the boys are dialled in. Riding a few laps at P&P is not the same as racing in a meeting so we have vulnerability for this one. Pretty sure once the new four have got used to the track we will be a force.

I'd be surprised if it goes ahead with the rain today and some showers possibly in the morning tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Oxford are going to be up there this year, I fancy them to run Poole very close at the least in this one. 

Yeah expect it to be within 6 points either way if it goes ahead especially as we had to lose 7 points from last season and Oxford pretty much the same! Any sort of win I would be happy with. 

2 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Weather has not been good today, heavy rain and strong winds.

Forecast says rain overnight and then lighter rain up to 3pm tomorrow 

Despite the earlier rain the very strong winds have dried the track nicely. It just depends now on how much more overnight stuff falls.

Trains running on time, in fact early intro St.Pancras . Left Waterloo half hour a go to arrive Pirate Land 1313.

I've watched Max Perry's progression in the sport since seeing him on a 125cc at Rye House in 2018. Juniors raced before the live TV meeting vs Pirates. Then seen Max ride for the Lion Cubs and I was so surprised when they released him in the winter 

He's certainly one to watch, to the Max!

Hope you get a clear run to Poole LBW. No trains running between Bournemouth and Brockenhurst due to signal issues. My daughter wants to go to from Weymouth to Pokesdown but is scrambling around trying to work out bus services.

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope you get a clear run to Poole LBW. No trains running between Bournemouth and Brockenhurst due to signal issues. My daughter wants to go to from Weymouth to Pokesdown but is scrambling around trying to work out bus services.

They will probably use a 'passenger replacement service' or use a 'guest' service ie a bus!!

NB> TRACK UPDATE AT 1PM.- Bright, sunny and breezy at Wimborne Road.  Meeting definitely ON.

Designated turnstiles opening  30 mins early at 6pm for Pre-booked ticket holders and Season Ticket collections.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep delayed by about 30 mins, just approaching Bournemouth. Bus then heading to Poole 

Edited by lbw