British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs King’s Lynn - Thursday 21st March

28 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I think KL could run Leicester very close tonight and if both Basso and Taresenko enjoy good meetings then they could spring a surprise!  

They will need to do better than last seasons BB 6 from 5, and Vadim 4 (4). But you never know.

my take ht 2 chequered flag went out so only those who finish race gets points,  you cant stop a race when its finished.

Edited by DazS
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DazS said:

my take ht 2 chequered flag went out so only those who finish race gets points,  you cant stop a race when its finished.

That can't be a rule, otherwise the guy in 4th could wipe out the guy in 3rd & get a point for 3rd as the race had "already finished" when 1st crossed the line?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

That can't be a rule, otherwise the guy in 4th could wipe out the guy in 3rd & get a point for 3rd as the race had "already finished" when 1st crossed the line?

you wipe a guy out your excluded. its not that complicated

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Big balls Tarasenko!

Great ride from him,but god am i glad i didn't make the journey for one race so far.Still heat 15 to go yet.so we may see another one.

Tarasenko providing the only entertainment tonight. 

Watching the BSN streams last year as well as tonight and it seems to be a common occurrence that Leicester riders aren't happy with their home circuit.

1 hour ago, DazS said:

you wipe a guy out your excluded. its not that complicated

Why should Joe not get the points for an incident out of his control? I don’t think anybody had even crossed the line when the accident happened either.

• Like 1

It seems to me that Drew Kemp mentally beats himself up far too much. On the face of it I'd say he had a pretty decent night tonight, 6 points and a great heat win from reserve despite his off in heat 2. Yet he was still beating himself up for coming 3rd in his last race after the meeting. At this stage of his career he really needs to lighten up a bit imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It seems to me that Drew Kemp mentally beats himself up far too much. On the face of it I'd say he had a pretty decent night tonight, 6 points and a great heat win from reserve despite his off in heat 2. Yet he was still beating himself up for coming 3rd in his last race after the meeting. At this stage of his career he really needs to lighten up a bit imo

He improved, his second ride was poor but he sometimes tries too hard and makes mistakes like that in heat 2. It’s hard to fault someone who wants to try hard but as in his last race it’s better to get the point and the heat advantage, that was all we needed from him at that point.