British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Birmingham Thursday 14th March

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Crazy flint wasn’t replaced in 14 shocking management.

I was probably expecting Cook to come into heat 14 after he won heat 12. But as Flint won his last race (8) I can understand why he was left in. Some team managers are more ruthless than others.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So how many people are going to admit to being wrong about Birmingham's team tonight I wonder?

Me !!! 
expected a tanking but witnessed a spirited performance. With Milik on better form we could have won. 
well done everyone 

Fair play to Brum. They took the home team to the final heat despite having to carry their ‘No.1’. Early days, but if this what the Brummies can deliver, the league will be all the better for it. The closer the scores of course, the more interesting the return fixture becomes with regard to the bonus point.

• Like 1

Thought Kilby/Schlein did a great job with the livestream!

Thought the track was rideable, but not raceable (may be the last couple of heats)....unless you're 'Bomber'...who can race on anything !

I for one predicted a heavy loss for B'ham (like most others)....not sure what the need is for admitting that, when the posts are there for all to read? 

May be we should all be patting szkocjasid on the back for getting closer with his prediction?

Going forward....if a reserve cant replace a reserve in Heat 8....then B'ham would be better off having Cook at No.7 (IMO)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Going forward....if a reserve cant replace a reserve in Heat 8....then B'ham would be better off having Cook at No.7 (IMO)

I believe a rising star has to be number 7, unless their average takes them in to the top 5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Thought Kilby/Schlein did a great job with the livestream!

Thought the track was rideable, but not raceable (may be the last couple of heats)....unless you're 'Bomber'...who can race on anything !

I for one predicted a heavy loss for B'ham (like most others)....not sure what the need is for admitting that, when the posts are there for all to read? 

May be we should all be patting szkocjasid on the back for getting closer with his prediction?

Great to see Oxford doing livestreaming and glad to hear it was good. I shall definitely be watching in if I can't make it this season.

Rising stars have to be riding at No.7, so Cook can't ride there (unless Flint gets an average good enough to enable him to ride in the top 5).

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

One other point Re: track/surface conditions?

Any news on C.Wright? and would he have fallen if conditions had been better ? (just thoughts?)

My personal opinion is that it was as much rider error as track conditions. Had there been multiple falls then I would say track conditions were a major factor but the track had been hard packed & dispite it looking very wet from the outside it was only surface water. By not putting equipment on it kept the track in fair condition with only the bikes turning the dirt. race times were consistent for the whole 15 races so little or no deteriation to the racing surface occured. Both sides should be congratulated on a great nights racing & the track staff must have worked overtime after the practice day to produce the track we were served.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Premiering tonight (Wednesday 3rd April 2024) at 7:30pm on the Oxford Speedway YouTube Channel.

Oxford 'Spires' vs Birmingham 'Brummies' | ROWE Motor Oil Premiership R1 | 14/03/2024.

This rewind match is the full streaming broadcast as it went out LIVE by Oxford Speedway TV.

Edited by SpeedwayPortal
  • Like 2