British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Birmingham Thursday 14th March

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Lack of home advantage could be a leveller, but Kerr at reserve can cover for any of the top 5 if needed.

But still can't see past Oxford for a home win, hope Birmingham can reach 40.

40?:D

B'ham will struggle to hit 40 at Home, let alone away!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good to see some meeting threads again! Just over a week til tapes up so we’ve finally got there. Obviously expecting a home win, Oxford look very decent. But also hoping to see Birmingham at least competitive. Goes without saying but they need to have Pawlicki and Milik committed first and foremost, and in the points. 

On 3/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, szkocjasid said:

Lack of home advantage could be a leveller, but Kerr at reserve can cover for any of the top 5 if needed.

Might get 30 if they are lucky..

15 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Might get 30 if they are lucky..

When you hear who Rogers has lined up to cover for Pawlicki, you’ll be looking to amend that!……

….

to 25 

just hope the authorities step in and say guest facility granted to at least make it semi competitive 

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, szkocjasid said:

Might get 30 if they are lucky.. The reason I say that is if they are not allowed a guest facility then they can use rr it still means they are going into the fixture without a No1 and relying on 2nd strings to score the bulk of there points.

10 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Might get 30 if they are lucky.. The reason I say that is if they are not allowed a guest facility then they can use rr 

If they don't have a facility, (and they shouldn't have) they can only use a rider up to 75% of the average of the missing rider.

It's going to be a tough night for Birmingham.

As I see it no facility is allowed for the absent Pawlicki, I don't know how they can possibly cover that for any length of time.

But a healthy win for a home team in the season opener is never a bad thing for crowd figures moving forward

13 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

If they don't have a facility, (and they shouldn't have) they can only use a rider up to 75% of the average of the missing rider.

What ? giving the paying public 'value' for money by paying to watch a sub standard-non competitive replacement?

No wonder the sport is on it's a#se !

13 hours ago, Technik said:

It's going to be a tough night for Birmingham.

As I see it no facility is allowed for the absent Pawlicki, I don't know how they can possibly cover that for any length of time.

But a healthy win for a home team in the season opener is never a bad thing for crowd figures moving forward

If by hammering a hampered/weakened/non-competitive opposition, increases crowd figures, then my 'entertainment' expectancy/desire must be totally different to Oxford's!?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BryanUgest said:

When you hear who Rogers has lined up to cover for Pawlicki, you’ll be looking to amend that!……

….

to 25 

just hope the authorities step in and say guest facility granted to at least make it semi competitive 

Any news on who is covering Pawlicki?

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

If by hammering a hampered/weakened/non-competitive opposition, increases crowd figures, then my 'entertainment' expectancy/desire must be totally different to Oxford's!?

Who from Oxford has suggested that they would support or endorse that. I think you’re being a tad delusional about it all

31 minutes ago, Toady said:

Who from Oxford has suggested that they would support or endorse that. I think you’re being a tad delusional about it all

Apologies....perhaps, I should've made clear that my opinion is different to that of the O.P....there was no negative intent towards Oxford support.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So an Oxford rider will be guesting for Birmingham at Oxford.....

Welcome to British Speedway :D

Nicholls isn't guesting for Birmingham, he's a temporary signing.

This situation will happen fairly often this year when Harris, Wright & Kerr race for their Championship teams & when Masters, Nicholls & Jenkins race for their Premiership teams.

• Like 1