British Speedway Forum

Premiership Media Day

On 3/4/2024 at 5:28 PM, Triple.H. said:

Oxford Spires announced as being on Wednesday 13th of march. Times to be confirmed. 

Currently only open to Sponsors and ST holders which is causing some moaning from non ST holders.

There is precious little benefit in having a speedway season ticket in most offerings so Id say good on them for this - a perfect way of offering some extra value for the commitment shown

• Like 2

19 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

"not open to the general public sadly !! "

"ST holders only "

That's the way to get British Speedway off to a good start in 2024 . Bloomin' hopeless the lot of them.   "promoters" my a**e

Kings Lynn appear to be more inclusive - good luck the them.

The media day is for the media (unsurprisingly) so it’s not open to the public. But there will be a live streamed press conference at 1pm hosted by Darren Fletcher featuring all of the top riders from each Premiership team which everyone can watch on British Speedway social media and YouTube. Fans will be able to ask questions too and a selection will be used. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AceBelle said:

not open to the general public sadly !!

no, i'm on the list, but i'm looking at the itinerary it may not be worth it for me

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Genuine question

who is paying the riders travel for this event. for example Zach Cook from Poole to Manchester and back in his hire van eats up his 500 mile a week allowance and no chance to earn any points money. Many more examples available.

Thinking like that is one of the reasons British Speedway is in the doldrums 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Genuine question

who is paying the riders travel for this event. for example Zach Cook from Poole to Manchester and back in his hire van eats up his 500 mile a week allowance and no chance to earn any points money. Many more examples available.

only one bike required per team

23 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Genuine question

Genuine answer, 

I don't expect to see 56 vehicles to be carrying 49 riders & 7 team managers. This could be the only case of doubling or trebling up we all agree with. :t:

All rider here except for musielak Tarasenko Pawlicki and Doyle 

even Hancock shown up. 

so that’s more than I though would show up 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

even Hancock shown up. 

While it's a very good turn out, it's disappointing after it was announced EVERY rider would be there.

Perhaps they should have announced beforehand that every team would have a rider present, then shock us all when at least 5 from every team turned up?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

even Hancock shown up. 

Try again, Phil?   Tarasenko's definately there.  So is Musielak. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Was going to say I don't know where they are if they're absent seeing as they were at Lynn last night and Leicester tomorrow.

The four named all absent from the official site video though, perhaps stuck in traffic?

25 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

They are. Turned up late. Missed the first bit of the day. 

so only Doyle not here