British Speedway Forum

BBC The Apprentice

They just concentrated / showed those who argued, Paul Bowen was very much in the background.  I also know of folk who were in the audience on filmed TV shows & the stuff transmitted wasn't how they remembered it.  Always bear in mind a lot of what you see on TV, unless live, is manipulated or at least edited to create 'good TV' or in other words drama, whether real or otherwise, is encouraged.  Think for yourself & take much TV, unless live, with a pinch of salt....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

On 2/5/2024 at 7:18 AM, Humphrey Appleby said:

Although I still watch it, the Apprentice has long since descended into reality entertainment...

Would you still be watching it if the entertainment value wasn't there?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Please don’t mock anyone who has a go at riding a speedway bike  I ve tried and it’s bloody scary 

Yes so have I and it isn't, it depends on what motorcycling experience you have! Typical to assume others haven't had a go, they only go as quick as you turn the throttle, in my experience it was all about throttle control.

Edited by ONTWOMINUTES

On 2/22/2024 at 9:06 PM, r8gdp said:

Please don’t mock anyone who has a go at riding a speedway bike  I ve tried and it’s bloody scary 

Can confirm; defo not easy, much more difficult getting the technique right than you would imagine, a speedway bike is much, much more tham 'just a 500cc motorcycle without gears or brakes', needs to be tamed bit like riding a wild beast i.e. wild stallion or cheetah - not necessarily the Oxford version.  Kudos to all those who can, and do:t:....

Edited by martinmauger
corrected bravery
  • Like 2