British Speedway Forum

Championship Predictions 2024

8 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Don't think they will be the top two reserves come the end of the year… also cant see where the race wins come from in that team… look comfortably the poorest team put together apart from maybe Workington 

I think Hook & Joe T are almost certain to stay at reserve for Plymouth. Although I guess the number 7s average could shoot up, but fall again if he's promoted to the top 5?

39 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

They will

Guess we will wait and see, but IF they keep their heads, and the Finn and Aussie score to their undoubted potential, the comets could do better than expected, just look what happened in 2018, when all the predictions put comets at the bottom :party:  H18TORY 

2 minutes ago, Neila said:

Guess we will wait and see, but IF they keep their heads, and the Finn and Aussie score to their undoubted potential, the comets could do better than expected, just look what happened in 2018, when all the predictions put comets at the bottom :party:  H18TORY 

This is the downside of having Workington back.

They live in the past.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gazc said:

This is the downside of having Workington back.

They live in the past.

that post is o so true  , but there is one thing for sure . we cannot live in the future and thats a fact .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

that post is o so true  , but there is one thing for sure . we cannot live in the future and thats a fact .

Maybe not let’s say past glory.

Better?.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neila said:

And

BANKRUPTCY

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Neila said:

Were they really predicted for bottom in 2018?

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Were they really predicted for bottom in 2018?

I wouldn't have thought so, not with the side they started with. Certainly very few if any pundits thought they'd win the lot though. 

Talking of 2018, the team who were predicted to finish bottom of the Premiership (or whatever it was called then) certainly did finish top :D

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I wouldn't have thought so, not with the side they started with. Certainly very few if any pundits thought they'd win the lot though. 

Talking of 2018, the team who were predicted to finish bottom of the Premiership (or whatever it was called then) certainly did finish top :D

It's certainly popular of clubs to say they weren't rated, so their achievements look even better. I remember reading non-stop comments from Middlo about how well Ben Cook was doing as a 3rd heat leader when so many people doubted he was ready for the position.

1) I don't remember hardly anyone suggesting Cook couldn't handle the 3rd heat leader role.

2) you don't need a strong 3rd heat leader to win the league (there's 7 men in the team).

I feel like saying to Middlo, can't you just say Ben is doing well, without acting like it was "against all odds / proving the doubters wrong"

Let’s look forward not back , that was then this is now, my only misgiving is that the current line up do not have experience on away tracks but if they can make good scores at home after getting some initial home rides then we’ll be fine .

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Let’s look forward not back , that was then this is now, my only misgiving is that the current line up do not have experience on away tracks but if they can make good scores at home after getting some initial home rides then we’ll be fine .

Home wins keep the fans interested anything on the road is a bonus.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Did they win the league though? Oh no that was a team who were bottom for half the season :D

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Did they win the league though? Oh no that was a team who were bottom for half the season :D

who won it in2018 ?

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Lisa will be on shortly to confirm who it was, a team  whose name rhymes with tool.

Lol. I'm surprised a KL fan brought that year up in the first place tbh. Also had the guest issue of both teams wanting to have the same one. So we had to settle for Nick Morris, though not sure if his average completely fit! :o