British Speedway Forum

Benevolent Fund 2024 Sat March 16th

On 2/25/2024 at 9:06 AM, szkocjasid said:

Personally £23 sounds bit steep to me. I'd have thought they'd try & keep it lower (£20) to pack the place out, anywho thinks it's worth £23, could still donate the extra £3?

Also are the riders racing for free / expenses only? I always thought they did, but I remember reading an interview with Simon Lambert last year, where he suggested it was like getting paid practice?

So when I see comments like "it's for a good cause" to make people who who are questioning the price look bad, I think if it's for a good cause why are the riders getting paid? Plus the Ben Fund always used to get the fines issued from the BSPL (or was it the SCB) which apparently stopped a year or two back. Why would they take money away from such a good cause? That seems far worse than a fan suggesting £23 is too much!

If people have issues over an additional £3 then they really shouldn't be spending £20 on going to speedway anyway as there are real life priorities to be taken care of. I would hope nobody would spend money on any sporting event over food, heating, bills and essential clothing.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Neila said:

BBC weather long range forecast showing full sun on Ben fund day and good weather leading up to the Saturday,  just hope the forecast proves correct :D

I hope it stays the same. Looking forward to that weekend with visiting Workington and Redcar for the big meetings, early start on the Saturday too.

9 hours ago, Neila said:

BBC weather long range forecast showing full sun on Ben fund day and good weather leading up to the Saturday,  just hope the forecast proves correct :D

who said that  , Mikey  FISH ?

so who would people like to see or expect to see for the last few riders 

plenty of rumours  as to who is coming but lets forget them 

who would you like

id love to see dan ride against emil or bartoz round workington but thats not gonna happen anytime soon 

FOR INFORMATION 
Just in case anybody uses public transport, there is an issue with the railway bridge over the River Derwent, which means there are no trains from the Carlisle direction. Rail Replacement Buses expected to used, so add an extra 30+ minutes to your journey time, trains from the Barrow in Furness direction are unaffected. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Brady Kurtz, Kyle Howarth, Jye Etheridge, and Norick Blodorn complete the field for the Ben Fund Bonanza at Workington on Saturday 16th March (2.00pm)

all 4 off them if on form will be good round northside 

looking forward to the meeting 

• Like 1

Information for supporters attending this meeting (taken from the British Speedway web site):

Supporters please note: Admission at Workington for the Bonanza will be CASH ONLY, which is a consequence of poor internet speeds in the area. So please don’t come along armed only with cards!

Admissions will be £23 for Adults, £20 (Concessions), £10 Students (16-18), £6 kids (8-16) and Under 8s Free. The 40 page programme is £5. The main event will be 20 Qualifying heats and a Final with additionally three Women’s races and two 250cc Youth races.

15 minutes ago, bigdave said:

Information for supporters attending this meeting (taken from the British Speedway web site):

Supporters please note: Admission at Workington for the Bonanza will be CASH ONLY, which is a consequence of poor internet speeds in the area. So please don’t come along armed only with cards! 

Fortunately, there's a big Asda store over on the main road pretty near the track with full cash machine facilities, so anyone 'caught short' of the necessary readies would be able to pop over there to pick up a bit of cash. 

14 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Fortunately, there's a big Asda store over on the main road pretty near the track with full cash machine facilities, so anyone 'caught short' of the necessary readies would be able to pop over there to pick up a bit of cash. 

Yes correct as the crow flys but a 30 minute return walk, or a 8-10 minutes drive due to the railway being between the speedway and Asda