British Speedway Forum

Benevolent Fund 2024 Sat March 16th

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

I assume from that you are not happy?

GP riders in the field , a good cause to help injured riders now and in the future.

I agree with all of that just worried the casual supporter going and finding its £23,might be put off for future sat afternoons!

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Admission :

ADULTS: £23
CONCESSION: £20
STUDENTS (Age 16-18) £10
KIDS (Age 8-16): £6
Under 8s: FREE

hi , what age do you have to be to be classed as concession entry . plus ID requirements . thanks

the entry fee is in line with most one off events .it going to be a great day for speedway and injured riders who need help/support while injured

its only a few quid extra, just miss out on the extra beer between now and the meeting .nothing lost .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

hi , what age do you have to be to be classed as concession entry . plus ID requirements . thanks

the entry fee is in line with most one off events .it going to be a great day for speedway and injured riders who need help/support while injured

its only a few quid extra, just miss out on the extra beer between now and the meeting .nothing lost .

Not sure of details , just got information from Facebook .

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I think it’s £20.00 for League meetings.

i would pay that all day long to keep the sport at northside .

51 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

Depends what is classed as a "concession", as unemployed might be classed as this.  I take it, in the category you mean, it's Pension age.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Depends what is classed as a "concession", as unemployed might be classed as this.  I take it, in the category you mean, it's Pension age.

pension age  . never thought 0f being  old when i was young . its all just flown in    just asking tho . will still pay £23  cos its a good cause .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

Who will ride in the Women's races? Celina of course, but who else? Is that already known?

maybe Sam Masters  !

• Haha 1

Think this is gonna be the best ever line up in a meeting at Workington,  maybe a big name or two to announce yet, just hope the weather gods have a couple of fine dry days booked for around the 16th 

Personally £23 sounds bit steep to me. I'd have thought they'd try & keep it lower (£20) to pack the place out, anywho thinks it's worth £23, could still donate the extra £3?

Also are the riders racing for free / expenses only? I always thought they did, but I remember reading an interview with Simon Lambert last year, where he suggested it was like getting paid practice?

So when I see comments like "it's for a good cause" to make people who who are questioning the price look bad, I think if it's for a good cause why are the riders getting paid? Plus the Ben Fund always used to get the fines issued from the BSPL (or was it the SCB) which apparently stopped a year or two back. Why would they take money away from such a good cause? That seems far worse than a fan suggesting £23 is too much!

Edited by szkocjasid

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally £23 sounds bit steep to me. I'd have thought they'd try & keep it lower (£20) to pack the place out, anywho thinks it's worth £23, could still donate the extra £3?

Also are the riders racing for free / expenses only? I always thought they did, but I remember reading an interview with Simon Lambert last year, where he suggested it was like getting paid practice?

So when I see comments like "it's for a good cause" to make people who who are questioning the price look bad, I think if it's for a good cause why are the riders getting paid? Plus the Ben Fund always used to get the fines issued from the BSPL (or was it the SCB) which apparently stopped a year or two back. Why would they take money away from such a good cause? That seems far worse than a fan suggesting £23 is too much!

Can see your thinking but meetings cost money to promote/run and whilst riders will gladly turn up for this event I am sure they will need some costs to be met , plus this field of riders looks like being one of the best so far in the history of the event.

The UK is going through a cost of living crisis and while there is not much difference between £20 and £23 the effect over a few thousand people is massive and will go a long way in helping riders now and in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1