British Speedway Forum

British Final 2024

4 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Barker, King and Lawson are the riders to withdraw.

Worrall is fit

Kemp, Lambert and Rowe in 

1 Drew Kemp, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Chris Harris, 4 Simon Lambert, 5 Craig Cook, 6 Connor Mountain, 7 Adam Ellis, 8 Tai Woffinden, 9 Lewis Kerr, 10 Steve Worrall, 11 Dan Bewley, 12 Anders Rowe, 13 Rory Schlein, 14 Tom Brennan, 15 Charles Wright, 16 Kyle Howarth. Reserves: 17 Freddy Hodder, 18 Matt Marson.

What happened to 7 day ban for missing a meeting due to illness.

51 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Such a shame that all the young Brits are away this weekend at the SGP2 qualifiers as would have been good experience for Dan Thompson and Ashton Boughghen I wonder who will be the next replacement 

Probably Hume or Starke, should go to one of the kids though imo Jason Edwards? Connor Bailey?

Jason Garrity :D, local lad?

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

There seems to be a bit of a gap (if that's the right word) between the riders that have left the U21 ranks and the "old timers" that compete in the British Final... maybe it's time to re-introduce the qualifiers or an U24 championship?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

There seems to be a bit of a gap (if that's the right word) between the riders that have left the U21 ranks and the "old timers" that compete in the British Final... maybe it's time to re-introduce the qualifiers or an U24 championship?

Don't think there's a need for an U24 Championship. Doesn't bother me if a certain age group don't qualify, pretty much it's a case of if there good enough they'll be in the final.

Personally I'd much rather they have qualifiers. Simply takes away any arguments about who "deserves to be in the final".

The biggest problem with using rolling averages would be a rider like Dan Thompson, ok he's in an SGP2 qualifier but if he wasn't he may miss out because he's carrying 2023 scores in his average, rather than solely counting his excellent 2024 scores.

A few injuries and the line up drops considerably. Do worry for Tai in this a bad meeting especially now given the line up, I think will all but end next years GP position for him as I can’t see him improving in this years series.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't think there's a need for an U24 Championship. Doesn't bother me if a certain age group don't qualify, pretty much it's a case of if there good enough they'll be in the final.

Personally I'd much rather they have qualifiers. Simply takes away any arguments about who "deserves to be in the final".

The biggest problem with using rolling averages would be a rider like Dan Thompson, ok he's in an SGP2 qualifier but if he wasn't he may miss out because he's carrying 2023 scores in his average, rather than solely counting his excellent 2024 scores.

What is the qualification criteria for the British Final at the moment?

38 minutes ago, iainb said:

What is the qualification criteria for the British Final at the moment? The ability to sit on a bike? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

To race with a British Licence!!

It's more of an invitational then? Seems strange to have a qualifier for the U21 but not the senior championship

Houston we have a problem. The 8 hour motorbike endurance race is not due to end until well after 8pm, as of time of typing this there were 5 hours 15 minutes still left to run on the race. British Final is due to start broadcasting at 7pm. Not going to happen. 

Again some endurance race looks like it’s going to chase the speedway off Eurosport. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Houston we have a problem. The 8 hour motorbike endurance race is not due to end until well after 8pm, as of time of typing this there were 5 hours 15 minutes still left to run on the race. British Final is due to start broadcasting at 7pm. Not going to happen. 

Again some endurance race looks like it’s going to chase the speedway off Eurosport. 

I think the endurance coverage switches to Eurosport 1 at 7.30?