British Speedway Forum

British Final 2024

3 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

One thing Richie Worrall is right about is having the british final at different venues. It's too predictable who's going to win..

When did he say that?

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Great final. Home advantage wins it but got to prefer Bewley over Woffinden. Brennan is going to Cardiff! 

I don’t think you can say 'Home track advantage win's' Tom beat Dan fair and square in the earlier heat when they met. Dan and Woffy. have had plenty of experience in big one off finals. Maybe Tom hasn’t. That was the difference imo. At least Tom get to strut his stuff at Cardiff and well deserved too .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

When did he say that?

He moaned a while back that Dan Bewley was too skinny and had a huge advantage on belle Vues track and suggested it be spread it out the whole year at different tracks.

Great to see Dan get three on the bounce.

Delighted that Tom B gets the wild card at Cardiff.

great racing and lots of entertainment.

Plaudits to Anders Rowe and Connor Mountain for producing a good performance in the British Final.

The NSS IS A MARVELLOUS TRACK and should hold the British Final every year. You only have to listen to the riders when they applaud it as a great race track.

Hyde road had the BLRCF every year and produced outstanding meetings …. often far superior to the one off World Finals

Roll on the Speedway of Nations for another feast of entertainment and hopefully gold for GB.

Hope that they now keep the final to a Saturday night so that there will be a greater attendance than on a Monday.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

He moaned a while back that Dan Bewley was too skinny and had a huge advantage on belle Vues track and suggested it be spread it out the whole year at different tracks.

Too skinny lol. I agree about the BV advantage. Although BV is a great track, it would be fair to use other tracks imho.

21 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

One thing Richie Worrall is right about is having the british final at different venues. It's too predictable who's going to win..

What was he smoking at the time? 

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Do they choose reserves for Cardiff or will it be Harris and Worrall? 

It'll more than likely to be 2 Under 21s E.g. Hagon (British Under 21s Champion) and Flint (SGP2 Rider)

As I'm sure Harris and Worrall would rather get at Oxford the night before representing Glasgow in the Pairs. Poole will have to go with Lawson and Ben Cook now with Brennan be at Cardiff 

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I get the smoking joke:). Why not have them at different tracks?

I mean you could, but given we have a National Speedway Stadium we might as well use it for things like this. I genuinely don't agree that it makes that much difference, no guarantee Bewley was going to win it tonight, he nearly didn't.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Yep always an advantage big time for current or past riders there,change the venue each year would be sensible,and bring in bike and rider weight to stop the light ass riders dominating

10 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Great to see Dan get three on the bounce.

Delighted that Tom B gets the wild card at Cardiff.

great racing and lots of entertainment.

Plaudits to Anders Rowe and Connor Mountain for producing a good performance in the British Final.

The NSS IS A MARVELLOUS TRACK and should hold the British Final every year. You only have to listen to the riders when they applaud it as a great race track.

Hyde road had the BLRCF every year and produced outstanding meetings …. often far superior to the one off World Finals

Roll on the Speedway of Nations for another feast of entertainment and hopefully gold for GB.

Hope that they now keep the final to a Saturday night so that there will be a greater attendance than on a Monday.

Would you be happy it was at another track every yea?, instead of just the NSS . Tracks are different, and produce different results.

10 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I mean you could, but given we have a National Speedway Stadium we might as well use it for things like this. I genuinely don't agree that it makes that much difference, no guarantee Bewley was going to win it tonight, he nearly didn't.

I respect your reply.  But there is an advantage to home riders?? There must be??

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I respect your reply.  But there is an advantage to home riders

Back in the olden days when the sun shone all season and there was passing in every race and GB ruled the shale as we're oft reminded, the BLRC was always at Belle Vue and the British Final always at Coventry. I'm sure people used to complain about that too re advantage, but was there ever any suggestion realistically it would be anywhere else? The best riders should be able to win events at any stadium after all, it's not like the NSS is a trick track, and I doubt many riders fear riding it.

• Like 3

Even though Bewley won it, my eyes are firmly locked on the SON and I'm worried. 

Bewley and Lambert lacked track craft against some bang average riders & Woffinden pace is horrific. 

We have absolutely zero chance of a win this year, our lads have gone backwards in 2024

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Back in the olden days when the sun shone all season and there was passing in every race and GB ruled the shale as we're oft reminded, the BLRC was always at Belle Vue and the British Final always at Coventry. I'm sure people used to complain about that too re advantage, but was there ever any suggestion realistically it would be anywhere else? The best riders should be able to win events at any stadium after all, it's not like the NSS is a trick track, and I doubt many riders fear riding it.

Scotty don't.. Said so himself. It's not as  though any stadium cant hold the fans we get these days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Agree 100% - Briggo won blrc 6 times running n he wasn’t a Belle Vue rider - in fact in over 20 years of hosting the blrc at Hyde road , aces riders only won on 4 occasions . The best riders can and should adapt and win on any track . Let’s keep the top meetings on the best tracks n stop making excuses .