British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 24

Having been to Cardiff on many occassions I have to say the racing may not be the best but with the roof and the great atmosphere it made it worth the trip .I have both stayed and driven there and back in the day ( which I did most of the time latterly)I found the city friendly and buzzing on GP day but I think the 40k plus crowds have gone forever .It therefore makes a case for it to be held at the NSS ,a better track without a doubt but you are hostage to the British weather!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Some of your contributions......

2022 'Cardiff hasn't produced a single decent moment in 20 stagings.  End of story.'

2023 'It's Cardiff.  Probably the grubbiest and most boring city in the UK.  It needs binning.'

Your comment in relation to the closure of Wolverhampton ' Good Riddance'

Your comment in relation to Belle vue, 'Its the only track in the UK its worth watching the sport now given the rubbish all the others churn out.'

Your comment in relation to AGM,  'Ludicrous that Birmingham and Workington have decided to move up a league when neither of the could make it pay in lower leagues last year. Even more crazy is Oxford running in 3 leagues! Predict all 3 will be gone before end of next season.'

I could go on but I guess you will continue to pollute the forum.

I can’t agree with the comments about Cardiff. Great city, great stadium centrally located, though Cardiff is out on a limb. To be honest I was underwhelmed on my only GP visit, but probably my fault as I don’t like tiny tracks. If only a disappointing 20,000 want to attend, where else in Britain could it be staged. For what it’s worth I believe more fans would visit Birmingham than Cardiff, though 40,000+ were at Cardiff when I went. Is it totally impossible to lay a temporary track at one of the Birmingham stadia during a summer, when the football season is over?. 

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Speedway GP website reporting that the track test yesterday afternoon went well(they would say that lol) with Barker, Mountain, Joe Thompson, Hodder and Harrison giving it the thumbs up.

Barker would ride anything though! 😂

• Haha 1

Went to most up until Covid, but with crowds down by 20000 the atmosphere ain't the same, will watch on tv.

1 minute ago, Ovalman said:

Went to most up until Covid, but with crowds down by 20000 the atmosphere ain't the same, will watch on tv.

Well, the crowds will be down if you don't go :t:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Zmarzlik is now using Peter johns as a tuner after years with polish tuner Kowalski 

His lead is so big he can afford to use the rest of the season as a test session!

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Zmarzlik is now using Peter johns as a tuner after years with polish tuner Kowalski 

Think Zmarzlik is missing something this season regarding equipment,certainly not gating as consistent as previous obviously thinks a change might help.Do you know if Kowalski is related to the Wroclaw rider.?

I read Bartosz has a new engine tuner now, he might win the championship by 50 points now instead of 40.

It’s been seriously hard to gather any enthusiasm for this series this year, Bartosz hasn’t been particularly good yet is still winning the series by a country mile, you cannot tell me the two Russians would be that far behind him at this point?

We're thinking of going by train this year for the first time. The last train home for us will be at 10:11pm. For those who go by rail regularly to the Cardiff GP, are there still likely to be long  queues for the trains at that time of the evening? 

We usually go for a bite to eat and a drink following the meeting but are we going to need to head for the station as soon as the event is over in order to get in the queue to catch the train at 10pm ?   

We've noticed there's always  masive queue outside the station by the time we leave the stadium and we were wondering if it takes several hours to clear.

Thanks.