British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 24

58 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i don't think his form has dipped, i think other riders realise that if they rattle him he's not the rider we expect

Maybe I have always thought  his greatest asset was his mental strength  he appears to me just to be having a dip plus he is only human .Also there is the prospect of the "triple" and title number five ,it's an open secret he wants seven !   

On 8/12/2024 at 9:23 AM, Speedball said:

We always tend to park at Newport train station. Cuts out the hassle of having to drive in and out of Cardiff and finding a space. Regular trains for the short hop into Cardiff and the station is right in the centre so only a short walk to the stadium.

Thank you :)

On 8/11/2024 at 2:07 PM, Kerryxo said:

Hi all,

Sorry , not sure if this should go in the general discussion board, but looking for some help! Driving over from North London. Are we best parking up in Cardiff, or anyone with local knowledge know any decent park and ride? Open to it being further out if it cuts down on drive, my 8 year old makes a terrible passenger.

We always park in Cardiff city centre signposted from m4 motorway. County Council car park runs free regular special buses, or there are multi-storey car parks. Allow plenty of time as motorway always busy.

Edited by Ovalman

Are half the hotels in Cardiff going to be empty on Saturday night ? 

Will people honestly pay nearly £200 for 1 night in a Ibis Budget in Cardiff . They must be mad.

We've always stopped but not this year . I refuse to pay more for for 2 nights in a  Cardiff City centre hotel than we are paying  for flights and 4 nights accommodation in Torun for the Polish GP.

Infact if we hadn't already arranged to go with friends we'd have given it a miss. Definitely the last one for us.

22 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Will people honestly pay nearly £200 for 1 night in a Ibis Budget in Cardiff . They must be mad.

We've always stopped but not this year . I refuse to pay more for for 2 nights in a  Cardiff City centre hotel than we are paying  for flights and 4 nights accommodation in Torun for the Polish GP.

Infact if we hadn't already arranged to go with friends we'd have given it a miss. Definitely the last one for us.

It will be the last Cardiff full stop.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It will be the last Cardiff full stop.

Let's hope so. Prices now are ridiculous. GP's for us are a weekend away and not just watching a  Speedway meeting. 

Amazed that our own British GP is perhaps one the most expensive ones to attend in the whole GP calendar. 

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I can't believe all these people slagging Cardiff off and not attending. It's the biggest showpiece event in our sport (or at least it used to be) and all many can do on here is moan about everything to do with it... well I hope you're all happy it seems you've got what you all wanted! You'll be moaning about ticket prices at Belle Vue next year, complaining you've got soaked to the skin in the rain and complaining that there's nothing to do around the stadium. 

£23 for a world class event in a state of the art stadium... with a roof! And all you can do is moan because you've lost your sense of adventure for 1 day of your life and need a comfy bed for a night instead of driving there and back in one go or staying somewhere away from Cardiff... you ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

Remember where it was before Cardiff? Hackney, Bradford,  Coventry... you don't know what you've had until it's gone.

Well done everybody that stopped going! :mad:

Well said 

• Thanks 1

Premier inn prices now falling,  probably due to extremely high initial price and lack of interest, will be sad if it moves from Cardiff,  but if its Manchester what will be the price structure,  more than likely a lot higher than SON  !!!  Also no hotels near belle Vue so will have to stay in city centre 2 miles away, transport not bad during the day, but was a nightmare to return to city centre at 1st SON staging 

16 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Use something like Trivago for price comparisons.  There are much cheaper options and even hotels like Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel & Spa, Park Plaza and Hilton are cheaper than Ibis Budget.  

10 hours ago, Neila said:

Premier inn prices now falling,  probably due to extremely high initial price and lack of interest, will be sad if it moves from Cardiff,  but if its Manchester what will be the price structure,  more than likely a lot higher than SON  !!!  Also no hotels near belle Vue so will have to stay in city centre 2 miles away, transport not bad during the day, but was a nightmare to return to city centre at 1st SON staging 

Premier Inn prices were at their cheapest on Saturday but gone up a bit since then. I was staying in the bay but changed on Saturday to stay at Premier Inn Stadium. 

When I looked at staying in Manchester for SON the city hotel prices were comparable to Cardiff. I didn't go because of the absolutely rediculous ticket prices.  

Edited by Noodles

On 8/13/2024 at 8:14 PM, iainb said:

I can't believe all these people slagging Cardiff off and not attending. It's the biggest showpiece event in our sport (or at least it used to be) and all many can do on here is moan about everything to do with it... well I hope you're all happy it seems you've got what you all wanted! You'll be moaning about ticket prices at Belle Vue next year, complaining you've got soaked to the skin in the rain and complaining that there's nothing to do around the stadium. 

£23 for a world class event in a state of the art stadium... with a roof! And all you can do is moan because you've lost your sense of adventure for 1 day of your life and need a comfy bed for a night instead of driving there and back in one go or staying somewhere away from Cardiff... you ought to be ashamed of yourselves!

Remember where it was before Cardiff? Hackney, Bradford,  Coventry... you don't know what you've had until it's gone.

Well done everybody that stopped going! :mad:

Simple.  Because it's utter garbage and has been since day 1.  Awful racing, cost is ridiculous,  nothing to do in a filthy dump of a city.  Sooner they stick the contract in the shredder the better.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, R87 said:

Simple.  Because it's utter garbage and has been since day 1.  Awful racing, cost is ridiculous,  nothing to do in a filthy dump of a city.  Sooner they stick the contract in the shredder the better.

You are not a Speedway fan then! If you were, it's your duty to attend :t:

15 minutes ago, R87 said:

Some of your contributions......

2022 'Cardiff hasn't produced a single decent moment in 20 stagings.  End of story.'

2023 'It's Cardiff.  Probably the grubbiest and most boring city in the UK.  It needs binning.'

Your comment in relation to the closure of Wolverhampton ' Good Riddance'

Your comment in relation to Belle vue, 'Its the only track in the UK its worth watching the sport now given the rubbish all the others churn out.'

Your comment in relation to AGM,  'Ludicrous that Birmingham and Workington have decided to move up a league when neither of the could make it pay in lower leagues last year. Even more crazy is Oxford running in 3 leagues! Predict all 3 will be gone before end of next season.'

I could go on but I guess you will continue to pollute the forum.

• Like 2