British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 24

7 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sit out Riga too and only do Vojens and Torun as farewell to SGP.

I think it will depend on the results of another xray at the beginning of september, he would probably ride tomorrow if the Doc said it was ok.

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

Sam Hagon and Leon Flint are track reserves.

Dan Thompson overlooked... again! Is there a rule that excludes him from being reserve or should he just change his name to Hagon?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Dan Thompson overlooked... again! Is there a rule that excludes him from being reserve or should he just change his name to Hagon?

Who chooses the reserves ? I’m guessing it’s vatcher   Surely there must be some criteria rather than picking your favourites. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I thought I heard somewhere that Dan is riding abroad next weekend so maybe he is not able to do it. Definitely would have deserved it for his performances this season for Ipswich and Plymouth in 2024.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, drew2 said:

I thought I heard somewhere that Dan is riding abroad next weekend so maybe he is not able to do it. Definitely would have deserved it for his performances this season for Ipswich and Plymouth in 2024.

Surely that must be the explanation

On 7/29/2024 at 11:16 PM, TINYS said:

Was hoping to go by rail this year Friday to Sunday but looks like they are striking on the Sunday so won't get back.:mad:

No strikes now starmer and his lackies are running the show they are too busy giving away 20% pay rises

17 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

When were the rail workers given a 20% pay rise I must have missed that announcement?

That's a reference to the junior doctors deal, funny that there has been no rail strikes since July 4th I wonder why.....

52 minutes ago, pauljb said:

That's a reference to the junior doctors deal, funny that there has been no rail strikes since July 4th I wonder why.....

What have junior doctors got to do with anything on this thread? 

But yes Junior Doctors have had a long awaited well deserved pay rise and this government want to actually get around the table unlike the last. 

• Like 1

For those without Eurosport/Discovery+, Welsh channel S4C will again be showing this so it'll also be available on BBC iPlayer. 

Starts at 5.30 but if I remember correctly from last year, they will still show all heats and gradually catch up to live coverage. 

2 hours ago, The Cheese said:

For those without Eurosport/Discovery+, Welsh channel S4C will again be showing this so it'll also be available on BBC iPlayer. 

Starts at 5.30 but if I remember correctly from last year, they will still show all heats and gradually catch up to live coverage. 

Will the commentary be unintelligible incoherent gibberish nonsense?

... or will it be in Welsh? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi all,

Sorry , not sure if this should go in the general discussion board, but looking for some help! Driving over from North London. Are we best parking up in Cardiff, or anyone with local knowledge know any decent park and ride? Open to it being further out if it cuts down on drive, my 8 year old makes a terrible passenger.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:45 PM, Noodles said:

Magic takes his place.

Think Magic could win this one his  form has really picked up of a late  and Bart never seems at home on temp tracks plus IMO his form has slightly dipped recently .

Edited by FAST GATER

19 hours ago, Kerryxo said:

Hi all,

Sorry , not sure if this should go in the general discussion board, but looking for some help! Driving over from North London. Are we best parking up in Cardiff, or anyone with local knowledge know any decent park and ride? Open to it being further out if it cuts down on drive, my 8 year old makes a terrible passenger.

We always tend to park at Newport train station. Cuts out the hassle of having to drive in and out of Cardiff and finding a space. Regular trains for the short hop into Cardiff and the station is right in the centre so only a short walk to the stadium.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

Think Magic could win this one his  form has really picked up of a late  and Bart never seems at home on temp tracks plus IMO his form has slightly dipped recently .

i don't think his form has dipped, i think other riders realise that if they rattle him he's not the rider we expect

• Like 1