British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 24

1 hour ago, Neila said:

You still need a big space to put a standard size FIM track in. Which won't fit in the coop arena.  You are looking at an athletes or football stadium, which to me is Alexander stadium at Birmingham,  London stadium West ham football ground,  or yhe new Wembley,  maybe even the new Everton ground,  but all these will have high costs

The NSS for a one off meeting could get 6,000 with added seating...

An average fifty quid per ticket, (70 seating and 30 standing), and 6,000 would be doable..

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The NSS for a one off meeting could get 6,000 with added seating...

An average fifty quid per ticket, (70 seating and 30 standing), and 6,000 would be doable..

Them prices sound about right, this should have been the prices in the SON but the organiser got the price structure wrong, will they do any better gor a potential GP ?

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Them prices sound about right, this should have been the prices in the SON but the organiser got the price structure wrong, will they do any better gor a potential GP ?

They had to subsidise the other 3 meetings...

They still got a 3k+ crowd paying up to £95, so, for me, it shows a one off meeting, circa twenty quid cheaper per ticket, would bring in around £300k..

8 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Can't see anything about train strikes that weekend

8 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Can't see anything about train strikes that weekend

If you search train strikes August 2024 it's there unless I'm reading it wrong which is a possibility.

7 minutes ago, Neila said:

Just done a Google search and these strikes are dated 2022 !! So hopefully none Cardiff weekend,  if they do they have to announce them 14 days before, 

I searched on Microsoft Bing.

There is disruption to the Cross Country train service that runs between Cardiff Central and Nottingham from August 17 and 26 due to planned rail works just north of Birmingham (primarily linked to work necessary for HS2).

According to Network Rail the routes affected include services between:

• Birmingham New Street and Leicester, Peterborough, Cambridge and Stansted Airport.
  • Cardiff Central and Birmingham New Street to Nottingham.
  • Scotland, the North East to Birmingham New Street and the South West.

See this link:

https://www.networkrailmediacentre.co.uk/news/major-engineering-work-to-affect-crosscountry-journeys-next-month

Due to health reasons i cannot now attend the GP in Cardiff, i have a room at Cardiff Central Travelodge booked for the Friday and Saturday night that i cannot get a refund on, total cost around £250, if any one is interested, open to offers.