British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 24

On 7/12/2024 at 11:57 PM, foreverblue said:

I see a lot of negativity about the attendance for Cardiff but I think the crowd will be much better this year due to last year being a really good meeting, attendances were well down last year due to to the previous year being dire.  Fan zone wasn't great last year either and hope it is better this year.

People had better get cracking then. There are still front row tickets available on the third bend!.

image.png.0bbb390a10995d8cbf6923f60ba0156d.png

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Any one know why it’s the front rows that haven't been filled. Surely they too far back to catch the shale.

Always covered over with advertising and the track is built up so high you would barely see the tops of helmets going past.

We sat in the front row (closest available to the track) going into the third bend for the first one and barely saw a thing. 
Top tier is the best at the Millennium, lets you see so much more. 

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

People had better get cracking then. There are still front row tickets available on the third bend!.

image.png.0bbb390a10995d8cbf6923f60ba0156d.png

Are those blue seats Poole fans? :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DJC said:

Always covered over with advertising and the track is built up so high you would barely see the tops of helmets going past.

We sat in the front row (closest available to the track) going into the third bend for the first one and barely saw a thing. 
Top tier is the best at the Millennium, lets you see so much more. 

Ah right.  The three times we been 2013-14-15 we were up on the third tier, great view looking down on the track.

10 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Ah right.  The three times we been 2013-14-15 we were up on the third tier, great view looking down on the track.

Too high, i have a fear of heights.:cry:

Is there park and ride this year as ive not seen any details yet or if not wheres the best place to park. A few years ago i parked in one of the multi stories near to the fan zone but cannot remember where it was thanks 

14 hours ago, gazz 50s said:

Is there park and ride this year as ive not seen any details yet or if not wheres the best place to park. A few years ago i parked in one of the multi stories near to the fan zone but cannot remember where it was thanks 

St Davids is in the centre, about 5 mins walk from the stadium, The Fan Zone is about 7-10 mins. £11.70 up to 10 hours. 

Dumfries place is about 10-15 from both - possibly the one you mentioned.

Both fill up quote quickly on the weekends. Last year was chaos as there was an event in the arena opposite St David's but it looks like the GP is the only thing on in Cardiff that Saturday.

There are a few around town but St David's is the safest and largest. 

Park and ride used to be on the A48 but I think its since been closed down from lack of funding. 

Been a long time posting on the forum but noticed that the seating plan on ticketmaster shows the start gate on the other side of the stadium.  Also got tickets for £20 bargain suspect like mentioned above we will be moved 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 11:02 AM, philfromcov said:

Been a long time posting on the forum but noticed that the seating plan on ticketmaster shows the start gate on the other side of the stadium.  Also got tickets for £20 bargain suspect like mentioned above we will be moved 

No the Starting gate is shown in the same place as always.

Just a thought, and maybe a silly one from an old duffer, If Cardiff is struggling for attendance figures and/or this is their last year, and the NSS is too small and weather dependent, could not a temporary track be laid in one of the large arenas?, I am thinking Co-Op arena Manchester ,  Leeds, O2, Sheffield for example. 

1 hour ago, CHR2 said:

Just a thought, and maybe a silly one from an old duffer, If Cardiff is struggling for attendance figures and/or this is their last year, and the NSS is too small and weather dependent, could not a temporary track be laid in one of the large arenas?, I am thinking Co-Op arena Manchester ,  Leeds, O2, Sheffield for example. 

Floor size would be too small for a speedway track that meets FIM regulations.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2024 at 4:44 PM, CHR2 said:

Could they not put a Cardiff size track in the Co-Op Manchester by rearranging seating?. 

New Manchester arena 25000 Cardiff 75000 so Cardiff is 3 times bigger than Manchester and you still want to put a speedway track inside Manchester coop arena not enuf room

55 minutes ago, Neila said:

New Manchester arena 25000 Cardiff 75000 so Cardiff is 3 times bigger than Manchester and you still want to put a speedway track inside Manchester coop arena not enuf room

I think you missed the point of my post. The feeling I was getting is that this may be Cardiff’s last year. If so and if attendance has dropped below 25,000, but more than the NSS holds, could the Co-Op arena be a viable option. Cardiff holding 75,000 is irrelevant if only 20,000  turn up. 

On 7/11/2024 at 9:56 AM, erniew said:

Well, 5 weeks tomorrow and no signs of the tickets yet. First time I've used Ticketmaster for an event so I'm not sure when they normally release tickets. Does anyone know?

On 7/11/2024 at 8:58 PM, kevin bass said:

I used Ticketmaster for Cardiff a few yrs back and tickets didn't land on my doormat till a couple of wks b4 the event 

I've bought my tickets from Ticketmaster and got them straightaway on the website. Why do you need hard copies?

Probably well past its peak now...

A steady decline since the 40,000  crowds. ..

Great value for money to get in ironically, it is just that the "novelty" has gradually worn off for many..

Also when the likes of TR, Crump, Hancock, Pedersen and other "GP stars" had left these shores, this was the one chance you got to watch them "live" over here..

Now there isn't the same "mystique", and therefore the same attraction to see them...

10 hours ago, CHR2 said:

I think you missed the point of my post. The feeling I was getting is that this may be Cardiff’s last year. If so and if attendance has dropped below 25,000, but more than the NSS holds, could the Co-Op arena be a viable option. Cardiff holding 75,000 is irrelevant if only 20,000  turn up. 

You still need a big space to put a standard size FIM track in. Which won't fit in the coop arena.  You are looking at an athletes or football stadium, which to me is Alexander stadium at Birmingham,  London stadium West ham football ground,  or yhe new Wembley,  maybe even the new Everton ground,  but all these will have high costs