British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 24

15 hours ago, Ovalman said:

Heard 29000.?

If that's true, isnt that really good?

I've been twice and there was more each time, but that was a long time ago.

Regarding Manchester hosting a SON and how the finances went, me thinks a week of speedway with a meeting practically every night at the same track was stupid to begin with. And then they had rain... 🫤

• Like 3

Reality check, if the attendance was indeed 29000 or thereabouts, that's 3 times the capacity of Belle Vue, even with the maximum additional stands. The parking and local facilities are not acceptable. There would be the same issues with accomodation prices as there are in Cardiff, as there are anywhere that's holding a major event. There are always geographical and transport issues for some no matter where you hold it. Finally, at Cardiff, It's guaranteed to take place regardless of the weather thanks to the roof. some people need to give their head a shake and look at the bigger picture instead of this fixation with 'It's got to move to Belle Vue'

• Like 6

Surely this is a case of use it, or lose it. Being able to attend a prestigious GP for less than we pay to go to a league match is almost unbelievable. Don't get me wrong. Belle Vue has the potential for better racing. But looking at the big picture, Cardiff wins hands down in terms of a weekend event with no risk of the weather spoiling the event itself. 

The fear is that if we lose Cardiff, the British GP won't survive.

• Like 2

Another great Cardiff event, same old faces moaning about it, but appears they didn't go! Everyone that went enjoyed it.

Watching it back there were a few more passes than I remembered and the racing was pretty close.  Great to see a British 1&2 and I think the only cheer that got close to the final was Zmarzlik coming last. Brennan desperately unlucky on the line but shown how far he's come in the last 12 months or so. 

Didn't really see/hear a lot of the semi stuff but had met up with some old friends so we were talking in between races and missed most of the announcements.

Of course I'm bias as it's only a 15 min train journey for me to get there but it would be a travesty for it to leave Cardiff, it was a little quieter than usual in the bars but more went to the fan zone the general atmosphere was fantastic as always.

Racing is coming back and it will always be one of the more processional, as the majority of GPs have been over the years, You can't moan about the value for money, a world championship round for £15. 

A personal highlight was seeing the Red Bull team giving out free cans to the people queued up to get an autograph from the Woffy outside the stadium. Fantastic bit of marketing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJC said:

Another great Cardiff event, same old faces moaning about it, but appears they didn't go! Everyone that went enjoyed it.

Watching it back there were a few more passes than I remembered and the racing was pretty close. 

I thought exactly the same, maybe it's because the bikes aren't whizzing past your nose like they are at a league track. You're quite far away from the action and the stadium is that big, I find it can all be a bit distracting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DJC said:

A personal highlight was seeing the Red Bull team giving out free cans to the people queued up to get an autograph from the Woffy outside the stadium. Fantastic bit of marketing. 

`dont think monster energy would be happy about that.🤪

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Noodles said:

And there was me thinking Liam and Noel were going to announce the date for Cardiff 2025.

Those moaning about hotel prices for the GP need to have a look for the 4th July next year! 

10 hours ago, Noodles said:

And there was me thinking Liam and Noel were going to announce the date for Cardiff 2025.

Maybe they're interval entertainment? :D

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Maybe they're interval entertainment? :D

£20 to see Oasis. Sweet.

7 hours ago, DJC said:

Those moaning about hotel prices for the GP need to have a look for the 4th July next year! 

Just looked stadium premier inn only £124 far cheaper than for speedway was £165 on the day for Saturday nite

7 hours ago, TINYS said:

Will it be at Cardiff, they've normally announced the date by now.

Announced in the stadium GP returns to Cardiff 2025, this year's was not put on sale until early September 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, False dawn said:

£20 to see Oasis. Sweet.

I wanted to go anyway but if Sweet are there too... 

Good to see those ethical Manchester hotels aren't the same as those in Cardiff

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/aug/28/oasis-reunion-tour-profits-money-business

The hotel we use for work tripled their rates when there's a big concert at the Arena.

16 hours ago, Neila said:

Just looked stadium premier inn only £124 far cheaper than for speedway was £165 on the day for Saturday nite

Some were over £800 yesterday.

Travelodge above Walkabout is £250 

On 8/27/2024 at 10:03 PM, Neila said:

Premier inn now gone up to £350 a night. Several are sold out !! And we thought it was expensive for speedway weekend 

Does any one know the approx date when Cardiff 2025 will be announced, I have looked on booking.com for next August and already most weekends the prices have gone through the roof.

Maybe I should have pre booked four or five hotels on each weakened with free cancellation.................... 

I was there brilliant night. My partner is polish we had a holiday there in july and went to a extraliga match in czestochowa. The atmosphere was amazing. It was her first british gp. I have been eigthteen times. She couldnt believe the size of the stadium and the amount of polish fans there. i did point out that there are a lot of poles in england. I thing she got the joke. She asked me wait happens if it rains and i said they shut the roof. Dont think manchester has a roof. It has to be cardiff great city and as a proud brit glad to say i was there dan bewley twice and bomber the BEST night ever. I might be a bit biased being being  a coventry fan but if you were they you know what i mean.